Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your trip and found some great buys. Now all you need is shoes! Have a Happy Birthday.

So excited!! Thanks for wishes!! I found shoes!! Not what I was planning on buying as no back straps. But they'll do! Couldn't believe how few choices were left. These were $30. Paid $7.50. ImageUploadedByForums1407386036.970835.jpg.f8f4bb9ff6d84f376ff15991baedc24b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sunnydaygirl! You said SHOES!! My favorite thing in the whole world!! You found quite a treasure, those are gorgeous!!! Do you have an outfit picked out already to wear them with? are you just going to wing it? They looks soooo comfortable!!!

I have to admit shoes are mine soft spot I have more shoes than I can admit to..lol

I've already bought 4 pairs for the cruise! Since I know my back will feel good down there, (always does in that glorious sun!!) I'm able to indulge my self in high heels, my favorite!!

I have company coming next weekend I'm preparing for, but right after that, wooohoooo!!

The inventory and staging will begin big time!! (my weight is close enuf, whew!) I know I already have "collected" the highlights I want for my evening clothes choices, may only find I want small bits here and there that will send me out on the hunt to the summer sales!!

Thanks so much for sharing your shoes, put a smile on my face 1st thing this morning! Lol

Here's my latest "trophies" loluploadfromtaptalk1407407239259.jpg.a93c16a774f2dde46d431332872957ea.jpg

I don't remember if I posted since I got back from my VERY FIRST CRUISE this past May!! It was lovely and I actually packed two or three shirts too many. I knew I wouldn't need them but I threw them in anyways and I'm glad I didn't spill anything on myself (I did get something on one of my dresses but it came off thank goodness). My boyfriend just informed me he wants us to go on another cruise this coming April!! While I enjoyed purchasing items for my cruise, I now realize I should have picked more versatile dresses as I feel they are too fancy to wear anywhere other than church (and perhaps a bit fancy then). Next cruise I am focusing on trying to lose some weight and picking pieces that will be useful to wear while cruising AND in everyday life.

Sorry me again, just wanted to give a heads up to people who are planning their Caribbean escape: one thing I wish I had brought were my yoga pants. The rooms were chilly and I would have felt more comfortable in them than pj shorts (plus I was sharing a room with my boyfriend's mom and sister... Next cruise I will be sharing with his entire family ). One thing I'm GLAD I didn't take were heels because our sailing was very very wavy, we could only use the pool one day and they closed them and even closed the outside decks for several days (we were having 60 mph gusts and I really almost fell over at one point...) bopping back and forth against the walls was funny but It wouldn't have been in heels...

Sorry me again, just wanted to give a heads up to people who are planning their Caribbean escape: one thing I wish I had brought were my yoga pants. The rooms were chilly and I would have felt more comfortable in them than pj shorts (plus I was sharing a room with my boyfriend's mom and sister... Next cruise I will be sharing with his entire family ). One thing I'm GLAD I didn't take were heels because our sailing was very very wavy, we could only use the pool one day and they closed them and even closed the outside decks for several days (we were having 60 mph gusts and I really almost fell over at one point...) bopping back and forth against the walls was funny but It wouldn't have been in heels...

Glad that you enjoyed your cruise. Wearing high heels on a ship can be tricky at times. Heck, I find them tricky on land, so I all ways wear flats! The ocean can be rough and the ship does move.

Abercram: Looks like there's another Cruise Addict among us! Happy to hear that even though the ship was a doing some rockin' & rollin', you are planning another cruise:cool:! Once you've been on one, it's easy to know what you need next time (and what can be left at home).

High heels (and platforms) can be a little precarious on deck (even when the going is smooth). There are lots of dressy flats and low wedges/heels that are comfortable AND safe;)!

Yoga pants are a good idea. I've been known to take flannel pjs (especially when leaving from a northern port in the winter)!

My Cruise Clothes Shopping is coming to an end. Summer sales are dwindling, not much to choose from...no complaints though! The Cruise Room holds enough outfits for a couple weeks of Caribbean weather:cool:!

Sooo nice to hear from you Abercram, and about your first ever cruise! I remember the excitement of mine, I can only remember only imagine how exciting that must have been for you!!

I found with my super dressy cruise clothes do get worn between cruises for weddings we're invited to (have one now in October!)... beaded tops or formal skirts, mix n match pieces have always worked well for me. I love to "hunt" in hi end resale shops for good deals on beautiful unique tops or bottoms, that I know will look great with something I already own... ie I bought a fully beaded ivory halter in perfect condition for about $10!! (Don't remember exact $) it was too big, but my favorite tailor made it fit me like I was BORN in it, so bottom line the whole thing cost less than $30 !! I know new it would have been around $150..

I've had a blast this way with my tailor in the last few years, and my wardrobe is always fresh with new "bling" clothes for our trips that I otherwise couldn't (wouldn't) afford..

I know lots of ladies arent comfortable walking in heels when the ship is moving.. unless it's a true storm (I thankfully haven't been in one yet) I don't have any problem walking in them. I wore them every day since I was 16, always have loved them, walking in them is second nature to me (when my back is good lol).

Having said that, last cruise we did hit some ruff seas around dinner time, making me do the two step while putting my makeup on before dinner in our cabin!! Lol! I realized as i practically bounced off our walls that my flip flops with my glitzy dress were my only option that night, along with the hand rail along every wall !! Lol

Wow, notanlineslizz - that top sounds awesome.

- I so agree about shoes. I take a strappy black platform wedge that goes with all my outfits - but I still have back up sparkly flip flops - never know when I will be holding on to the rails.

I plan on doing some yoga on the b2b's and will def be bringing a comfy outfit for the mornings....

I haven't really started packing for my Aug 24 cruise but nothing from my Jan trip will fit. I have been stressed the last 2 weeks and pigging out.....so who knows what I will be able to fit into for my cruise in 17 days,,,,,,Time to dig up so fatter clothes - LOL and match up some accessories for them. Can't be a plain jane and a fatty:eek:. LOL

Edited by tbbtravels

Actually travel in my 'yoga pants' - so comfy for the plane ride - good for touring too in cooler places (e.g. spain/europe) - also like the 'secret' credit card/key pocket - especially when in barcelona .....can hide some euros/card in there as required :)

...and I also avoid heels on a moving ship - I do have a few very fancy/cute wedge sandals which I wear in the evenings - not as bad when ship is rocking and rolling - and of course can switch into flat sandals if it gets really bad!

Edited by Froufie

I only packed flat sandals for nights as I only wanted to bring 4 pairs of shoes (flip flop, sandals for dinner, sneakers, and water shoes for water sports). I think next time I might take my heels though as I feel the sandals didn't quite go with the fancier dresses. Also I'm going to pack differently since I took everything in plastic bags and while it saved me when stuff got dirty, it was harder to go through the stuff I did bring

Actually travel in my 'yoga pants' - so comfy for the plane ride - good for touring too in cooler places (e.g. spain/europe) - also like the 'secret' credit card/key pocket - especially when in barcelona .....can hide some euros/card in there as required :)

...and I also avoid heels on a moving ship - I do have a few very fancy/cute wedge sandals which I wear in the evenings - not as bad when ship is rocking and rolling - and of course can switch into flat sandals if it gets really bad!

I wear one of those burn out (color removed out in streaks) v neck short dresses that have the ed hardy sayings and sequin sparkles on it...then I wear capri leggings under it. It's dressy enough to pass the first night in the MDR. Next day it's my swim suit cover up. Love getting double duty from my clothes.

I normally wear sparkle or stone flip flops to get on the ship and take a pair of black criss cross wedges for night time. Most time I don't take tennis shoes or water shoes.

Edited by tbbtravels

Hi tbbtravels!!! LOVE LOVE burnt out anything, especially in white! That fabric is soo pretty!! I too try to stage my clothes when packing so that I get to wear each piece and the different combinations at least twice, especially on two week cruises! And never have sneakers with me eithet (don't own any lol) or water shoes, in all the years I've been doing this I've never had the need.. wouldn't give up the sand in my toes despite the risk.. THAT'S all a big big part of my love of being there in the first place , never have been injured thank God [emoji6][emoji56][emoji108][emoji173]

notanlinesLizz: Loved reading that your Next Cruise is "just four months away"...Our Next Cruise is "just a few days less than four months" - but I don't feel that it's getting close until under 100 days. Your "just 4 months" makes it seem closer:cool::)!

I printed the worksheets and have a blank spreadsheet ready. My outfit for the December flight from Pittsburgh to sunny Florida is easy to choose...it's the last day in Florida that will be a challenge. We're disembarking in Port Canaveral, taking an airboat excursion that provides transportation to the airport - and then flying back to Pittsburgh.

It's easy in a cold climate to leave the winter coat in the car and wear a light jacket in the airport. BUT going from an Everglades temperature/humidity and a few hours later landing in much colder weather - ugh! Maybe I can have pants & a sweater in my carry-on and change at our layover in Atlanta...will have to think about that one...

Stopped at the consignment shop today - DH has his 50th class reunion coming up, and yes, there are dresses in the Cruise Closet that would work...BUT found a nice dress (we used to call them a "sheath") that's yellow and green. It fit perfectly! And then, lucky me, I also found a necklace and yellow & green earrings:)! All for $20icon14.gif. Of course the outfit is super Cruise Worthy:cool::cool:! Will post a photo after the Reunion.

notanlinesLizz: Loved reading that your Next Cruise is "just four months away"...Our Next Cruise is "just a few days less than four months" - but I don't feel that it's getting close until under 100 days. Your "just 4 months" makes it seem closer:cool::)!

I printed the worksheets and have a blank spreadsheet ready. My outfit for the December flight from Pittsburgh to sunny Florida is easy to choose...it's the last day in Florida that will be a challenge. We're disembarking in Port Canaveral, taking an airboat excursion that provides transportation to the airport - and then flying back to Pittsburgh.

It's easy in a cold climate to leave the winter coat in the car and wear a light jacket in the airport. BUT going from an Everglades temperature/humidity and a few hours later landing in much colder weather - ugh! Maybe I can have pants & a sweater in my carry-on and change at our layover in Atlanta...will have to think about that one...

Stopped at the consignment shop today - DH has his 50th class reunion coming up, and yes, there are dresses in the Cruise Closet that would work...BUT found a nice dress (we used to call them a "sheath") that's yellow and green. It fit perfectly! And then, lucky me, I also found a necklace and yellow & green earrings:)! All for $20icon14.gif. Of course the outfit is super Cruise Worthy:cool::cool:! Will post a photo after the Reunion.

Sound like you found another great buy in the consignment shop. For a second, when reading you post I thought we were on the same cruise. But I am on the 12/13 sailing. It would have been nice to meet you.

I'm too excited for my cruise. Only 14 days and 22 hours!!! My cruise clothes area is nice and neat however my bedroom looks like a bomb went off in it. Besides cleaning dressers and closets, taking those last min trips, I've unpacked the dirty clothes, looked in my bag and left whatever I thought I'd pack for cruise. This is my buckle down week to get it all straightened and back to order. You may remember all my beds and baths have to be clean to host my SIL's friend for their annual Notre Dame. I just happen to be one hour away and have many beds. They get to see, politely put, the establishments he went to past 21 :).

I love my shoes too!!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

I never have I've not been much of an online shopper I like touchy feely and trying things on. Unless of course it's coming from a store that I know their clothes real well and how they fit me, like Black and White or Chico's. I will check this website out though on your word, sounds like fun!!! [emoji2][emoji106][emoji151][emoji160]

Yup trouble from that place. DD wore the one arm green chiffon to a wedding last night. Everyone wanted to know where she bought it. Lizz, I'm a Chicos gal (about 90% of my closet)

Ok girls, there are so many pages on this thread I can't wade my way through them all. So forgive me, if this question has been asked already. I'm from UK and going on my first Caribbean cruise in January. (I'm very excited about it!)

I will be leaving a cold English winter, what weather will I arrive to in Miami, and what will I expect on my Eastern Caribbean cruise. How hot will it be, what sort of clothes should I pack for a 7 day on HAL. Will it be similar to summer in the Med?