Patrick AFB

Chowder_17

I'm Active Duty Air Force and we are cruising out of Port Canaveral for our next cruise and it looks like Patrick AFB is right up the street from the port. Has anyone stayed there? We plan on flying in a day early and renting a car. This would save us a lot of money on a hotel. Thanks

No idea how the accomodations are, but just wanted to add there is a Hertz showing at Patrick, and there is also a Hertz location just south of the port, where you can return the car and take a shuttle to the ship. Are youy flying into Patrick, or just planning to stay there? I ask because if you are just staying there, you might also look at whether you can stay at Canaveral air force station. Patrick is about 10 miles south, while Canaveral is adjacent to the north side of Port Canaveral.

I am retired AF, have stayed there and continue to visit the base every 3 months. The quarters are fine and that is a good choice. Since your stay will probably be "Space A", you might want to have backup reservations at another place along A1A in Cocoa Beach or Cape Canaveral, which you can cancel when the Space Coast Inn http://dodlodging.net/VT_Patrick.htm confirms your request.

Archived