5 nite explorer to Bermuda

pattyk

We have been on the 9 nite twice and just want to take a short quick cruise..just wondering if I will be disappointed in only the 5 nites..has anyone been on this cruise and how did they like it..thinking of going May 7

I've never been on a 9 night, only 7 for us, but did do the 5 night Explorer and it is definitely worth it. Even though you're not in Bermuda for long we enjoyed it. I would do it again if I just had to get away. The 5 hour drive wasn't that bad! Did the 9 night stop in Bermuda?

We did the 5 night to Bermuda. It was definitely worth it. We always do 7 to 9 night cruises, but did this as a quick birthday cruise for my wife (our kids stayed home for this cruise). It was still fun though, especially staying overnight in Bermuda. We got to have a nice late dinner at Barracuda, one of our favorite restaurants in Hamilton, without feeling rushed to get back to the ship. It is a great quick getaway, especially if you don't have to fly. It is only a two hour ride to Bayonne for us.

Eric

We did it last June, and although it did seem a bit short, we had a great time! We are from Ohio and flew in the day before the cruise to have a whirlwind day in NYC.

Lots of photos and the cruise compasses are linked in my signature, if you are interested.

We especially loved the overnight in Bermuda. As a PP said, it makes for a very relaxed day and evening not worrying about getting back to the ship!

the 9 nite did go to bermuda..2 days....and yes we do not have to fly either.. to me that is the best part...saving money on not having to fly..can't wait till my husband gets home from work hopefully i can talk him into it..LOL!!!

the 9 nite did go to bermuda..2 days....and yes we do not have to fly either.. to me that is the best part...saving money on not having to fly..can't wait till my husband gets home from work hopefully i can talk him into it..LOL!!!

I would be putting a hold on my cabin NOW!! Then I would break the news to my DH.:eek: I have been to Bermuda also and there is always something new to explore. Seems like were are always playing tour guide. This time we will be doing things we haven't done yet. After all the snow you have had it would be a good time to get away!!

~Sharon

We loved the 5 night cruise so much we did it in March and September last year. You can see, and read, more about it if you search for "Live from the Explorer" reviews from Radio. There should be 2 reports and links to his photo albums and videos.

Like other posters have mentioned, we love the fact that we can drive from Pittsburgh.

Oh, and if you look at my signature, we plan on doing a 10 night on her in November.

Believe me my husband will say yes to a cruise just not sure if he wants to do this one..the last 2 years we have taken similar cruises but for 9 days..we went in May and got great prices ..I see this year as of right now they are quite expensive compared to what we paid..

we really are sick of this snow..actually my husband just got a new job..head of the Dept. of Public Works..he started 3 weeks ago when all this snow started..he is so exhausted..looking forward to a cruise would be nice..

we would be leaving out of Bayonne

The 5 night cruise to Bermuda doesn't give you very much time in Bermuda at all. If you are going more for the ship, than visiting Bermuda, then you should have a good time.

What port are you looking to leave from?

I think you are mistaken. we did the 5 nighter to bermuda and we were in bermuda overnight.

We are doing this October 8th. This will be our first 5 day, have always done 7 or more.

Bringing our daughter and a friend of hers on this trip since it is a short one and they wont miss but two classes in college. Their professor said it was fine since it is not a required course for their majors just extra credit course.

Michele

I think you are mistaken. we did the 5 nighter to bermuda and we were in bermuda overnight.

Oh, I'm aware they dock overnight, but other cruiselines are there for closer to 48 or 72 hours. You are only docked for 32 hours (give or take) on the Explorer.

That being said, Bermuda is BEAUTIFUL and the Explorer is a great ship!

pattyk, are you looking at the May 7th cruise? If not, the May 21 cruise is only $200 or so cheaper than the 9 night on May 26. Just something to consider!

Archived