Post Dry Dock Sun Suite / Kids Crew Pictures?

cmarkovsky

We'd love to know, too! On the 3/5 sailing same as Nancy in an aft AC suite. :-) Kid's Club pics would be great too! Every morning my DS (4) looks at the pictures of the "Big Ship" on NCL's site and lingers over the one of the kid's club. I'd love to have new pictures to show him. :-)

I'm sorry I don't have pictures of the new Kids Crew area. The area is a large space on Deck 7...well actually it's on Deck 6, but the entry is on Deck 7 FWD with stairs down one level. There are sky lights that provide some sunshine, but no windows. The teen room is across the hall (interior only) and had some games, TV/Wii etc. I can't be sure, but that room didn't look remodeled.

There are three connected rooms (one per age group) with murals on the walls creating a very bright, happy space. There are lots of bean bags, and a big screen TV with Wii in each room (I think).

There weren't many kids during our week (only 20 on the ship and only 5 attended...and three of those were mine), so the regular planned activities didn't happen. The counselors did try to keep everyone happy with frequent trips to get ice cream or a snack at the buffet. They did get a pretty sweet tour of the bridge on the last sea day.

You will love the perks associated with the AC. We were in a AD FWD for the first time. Having access to Il Adagio for breakfast and lunch was heaven. The Concierge, Virginia, was a gem. She was so sweet to my kids and made them feel like royalty (me too!). Please tell her Lisa, Megan, Trevor and Jenni say HI! You'll also get priority tender (if you're going to Belize) and don't miss the early entry into the Chocoholic Buffet. There's also a special seating are in the Stardust for the shows so you don't have to worry about going early to get a seat.

The ship looks fresh and new after dry dock. The linens in the suite were luxurious - clean white duvet on the bed which was very comfortable. Small flat screen with DVD player and surround sound. The towels were huge and heavy.

Overall, we felt like we were being spoiled rotten. It was fun to go back to the cabin in the late afternoon to see what goodie was awaking us! It was just a great week! I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did!

I would be happy to answer any other questions you have.

Hmmm.....so AD (Penthouse) on the Sun gets to take advantage of reserved seating in the theater.

We will be sailing on the Star, in a SG Penthouse suite....but have been told on this board, that the reserved seating on the Star only applies to Owners/Garden Villa suites.

I was hoping it would be available for my 83 year old parents who will also be in an SG Penthouse Suite with Balcony.

Kinda sucks.

Hmmm.....so AD (Penthouse) on the Sun gets to take advantage of reserved seating in the theater.

We will be sailing on the Star, in a SG Penthouse suite....but have been told on this board, that the reserved seating on the Star only applies to Owners/Garden Villa suites.

I was hoping it would be available for my 83 year old parents who will also be in an SG Penthouse Suite with Balcony.

Kinda sucks.

When are you sailing on the Star? I wouldn't give up hope until you talk to the concierge and see what s/he has to say as s/he has the ability to make this happen.

We are heading out in 8 days on the Sun and have read that they refurbed the Kids Club and the suites.

Does anyone just off the ship have any pictures to share? We booked our first AC aft and are super excited.

Thanks!

You are in for a treat. I sailed 2 weeks in AC 9076 and it was heaven before drydock. Can't wait to hear what is new.

I wished we had the Lavazza. And insuite internet.

The aft balcony is wonderful. You will love it.

I am going to go back on the Sun in the future. It was incredible.

Enjoy!!!!

Archived