Pre & Post hotels in Auckland & Sydney

Tucson Guy

I just got a gonga deal on a Jan 6th cruise to New Zealand & Australia. Part of the deal requires 1 night in Auckland and 3 nights in Sydney which is not a problem since I was going to do that anyway.

Does anyone have suggestions on hotels with a good location downtown, not extremely expensive? Having a room with a view is not important. Mainly interested in being able to connect with tours, close to ferry and sights in downtown Sydney. I Am somewhat limited in the distance I can walk. Anyhelp would be appreciated.

We stayed at the Old Sydney Holiday Inn. It took a good 4 minutes to walk to the cruise terminal!! Photo is from our hotel room.

611567071d4ff5b4e24cf520c9c811de85c0d218352ea8e56cce3a6e6294fff55a7d379f.jpg

You can see the terminal for all the ferries under the nose of the Sapphire Princess. If she wasn't there, you would be looking straight at the Opera House. We found it very conveinient, helpful staff and didn't cost an arm and a leg. Its an HI, so you know what you're getting!

Simon

I just got a gonga deal on a Jan 6th cruise to New Zealand & Australia. Part of the deal requires 1 night in Auckland and 3 nights in Sydney which is not a problem since I was going to do that anyway.

Does anyone have suggestions on hotels with a good location downtown, not extremely expensive? Having a room with a view is not important. Mainly interested in being able to connect with tours, close to ferry and sights in downtown Sydney. I Am somewhat limited in the distance I can walk. Anyhelp would be appreciated.

You could also look at the Intercontinental (a little expensive excellent hotel and location), the Harbour Marriot - Pitt St or the Quay West Apts or Four Seasons Hotel but all hotels in the Circular Quay area are very well located for your needs

Sydney can be very hilly around this area so look at location if your mobility is limited

I am going on the Century from western Australia in Feb 2012 my third Celebrity cruise. Glad to see that good ships are now coming to Australia

Cruise Love

Archived