Drink coupon price increase-good or bad?

gargoyle999

Another FB post from John:

John Heald I was also asked by one of our new Senior Vice Presidents to let you know that he is working very hard to improve our Bon Voyage site and include new and improved gift items. The drinks coupon cards that are available will be changed quickly to allow for the new onboard drink prices. The POWER of your comments is obvio...us. This and the blog are the sites all the big beards are reading

John Heald I was also asked by one of our new Senior Vice Presidents to let you know that he is working very hard to improve our Bon Voyage site and include new and improved gift items. The drinks coupon cards that are available will be changed quickly to allow for the new onboard drink prices. The POWER of your comments is obvio...us. This and the blog are the sites all the big beards are reading

I didn't read it to say that the drink coupon prices are going up, but maybe they can be repriced to actuall match the price of a drink. Is that want you mean by the prices going up?

"The drinks coupon cards that are available will be changed quickly"

Now this will be the interesting part:

"to allow for the new onboard drink prices"

I didn't read it to say that the drink coupon prices are going up, but maybe they can be repriced to actuall match the price of a drink.

Wouldn't the price of the coupons have to go up? I can't imagine Carnival keeping the price at $21.25 for 4 but letting each coupon be worth a $7.95 drink (or whatever they set it at).

If they were "smart" they'd sell the drink coupons for a couple $$ less then a drink and be done with it. Anytime you can get someone's $$ in advance of giving them something in return, you're doing well:D Just have to make it worthwhile.

My Opinion Only

Fuel has gone up

airfare has gone up

food prices have gone up

my electric bill has gone up

my gas bill has gone up

cruise prices have gone up

why would I expect the price of drink coupons to go down. Maybe in my own private little world, but not in the real world.

How is that possible when drink prices vary so much:confused:

If they were "smart" they'd sell the drink coupons for a couple $$ less then a drink and be done with it. Anytime you can get someone's $$ in advance of giving them something in return, you're doing well:D Just have to make it worthwhile.

Maybe people should buy them for what they were intended for.....which is gifts.......not a ways to save money;)

My Opinion Only

Fuel has gone up

airfare has gone up

food prices have gone up

my gas bill has gone up

why would I expect the price of drink coupons to go down. Maybe in my own private little world, but not in the real world.

Cruise prices have gone up:confused:

There is no point. Just get rid of the coupons. Looking at the drink menu, drink costs vary from $5-$9 before gratuity. You are not going to be able to create a coupon amount that satisfies every drink or person. For example, take the average and say $7 will be the coupon amount. Drinks over $7 will still have to pay the cost after coupon, and those that get $5 drinks are giving away money.

I think that is a good/logical change. While I don't like the price of the drinks, it would be nice to have the coupons at the full/real price of most drinks

as it is , they are not so good to give as gifts cause it can cause some confusion when the recipient of the gift has to pay extra (JMO)

Since he is so accomodating to everyone and everything...

Could one of the John fans check into getting that Bon Voyage alcohol list/prices posted on the Carnival website, along with the details on how to order? I think Carnival could make some decent revenue off that if they would post it there, rather than the one we have floating around here on CC. Thanks!

I agree with RDP3181, I do not see a way you can create a coupon amount that accommodates every type of drink or person. Then again, you have people that buy the current coupons that believe that $5.25 should cover the cost of a $10 classic cocktail.

The coupons were meant for others to give as gifts, not as a means for one to pre-purchase all their alcohol. It is a coupon that functions like a gift card or gift certificate. It reduces the amount of the item you buy by the amount of the card or certificate. If you buy something for $20.00 and you have a gift card or certificate for $10.00, you have to pay the difference.

If the person sailing wants to pre-purchase alcohol, they should purchase on-board credits in advance of sailing.

I think that is a good/logical change. While I don't like the price of the drinks, it would be nice to have the coupons at the full/real price of most drinks

as it is , they are not so good to give as gifts cause it can cause some confusion when the recipient of the gift has to pay extra (JMO)

There should be no confusion.......the amount is clearly written on the drink coupon;) It doesn't say free drink:D

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY Olfrodo:

My Opinion Only

Fuel has gone up

airfare has gone up

food prices have gone up

my gas bill has gone up

I am adding:

BUT MY INCOME HAS NOT GONE UP!!!!! LOL

Archived