internet cost

the big roxy

From our TA's Web site (I assume it's up-to-date):

Time Plan #1: $0.45 per minute - 100 minutes for $45.00

Time Plan #2: $0.35 per minute - 250 minutes for $87.50

Time Plan #3: $0.25 per minute - 800 minutes for $200.00

Pay As You Go: $0.75 per minute

One-Time Account Activation Fee - $3.95 (Applies to all users on first login only)

Please note that a Time Plan cannot be used on more than one computer at the same time.

------------------

Of course, after 20 days, Internet is complimentary, which is probably the single most favorite perk of Regent Seven Seas Society members.

As of April 2010 on Navigator those rates look correct. As the connection is slow at best, a bulk purchase is the way to go. I got the 100 minute plan for a 10-day cruise, and that was just adequate to do a daily email dump, with outgoing all queued up and incoming downloaded and then signoff before reading, no web browsing. I kept about 10 minutes in reserve to print boarding passes on the last day, and it was barely enough time. If you plan to do any web browsing, take one of the bigger bulk minutes plans. Also, read the login/logout instructions carefully the first time you log in, and be sure you logout after each connection, it was easy to miss the logout link.

You reach 21 during this cruise? If so, free Internet! Check out the RSSC website Seven Seas Society FAQ:

Q: If I become eligible for a higher benefit tier while I'm onboard, when can I take advantage of the additional benefits?

A: Effective September 15, 2010, if you have sailed with us before and are already a Seven Seas Society member, your new tier benefits take effect on the first day of the cruise during which you transistion from one tier to the next.

Great news, thanks for the help, any idea of the mechanics of accessing is it just a matter of going to guest relations once on board?

Assuming you mean accessing Silver status, you shouldn't have to do anything. The cruise card you receive when you check in should indicate that you are Silver. To access the internet just follow RachelG's instructions. Also, don't forget that Silver status gives you one hour of free satellite telephone time in addition to free internet.

Dave

• 2 years later...
Hi, We will be on the Royal Princess Feb. 2, 2014. We wondered what the options are for internet use. Thank you :)

Nanalove, you have posted this on the Regent Board.... You need to ask this question on the Princess board and I suspect if you just go over to that board and use the "Search" function you will get your answer!

Nanalove, you have posted this on the Regent Board.... You need to ask this question on the Princess board and I suspect if you just go over to that board and use the "Search" function you will get your answer!

LOL ! I am so sorry...guess I was not paying attention...Thank you so much !:)