72 hour sale - what gives??

tango55

Friends of mine booked a carnival cruise on the Splendor in October during their 72 hour sale. Thought they got a great rate.

I checked today and it's exactly the same as it was 2 days ago, and the sale is over. What gives? What was so special about the sale?

Thanks, Terry

Friends of mine booked a carnival cruise on the Splendor in October during their 72 hour sale. Thought they got a great rate.

I checked today and it's exactly the same as it was 2 days ago, and the sale is over. What gives? What was so special about the sale?

Thanks, Terry

Not every cruise was a big bargain on the sale. There was a PDF with a list of the real specials.

Thanks, Terry

Nothing~:rolleyes:

These sales are just a marketing gimmick. They are truly nothing special, and most of the time, they don't really benefit you if you already qualify for other discounts, like past guest, interline, or early saver.

At least we don't see the monthly BIGGEST ONE DAY SALE EVER!!! anymore. Those were the biggest gimmicks

Had one cruise friend who saw a $90 decrease, a second cruise friend who actually saw a $20 increase, and my wife and I who found the price back where it had been a month and a half prior. I think the hard thing is unless you have been tracking a specific sail date for a while it can feel misleading after the sale is over and the prices remain. Really it is just a sales technique. IMO

Well, I got let down because I'm using a TA and they were told only for new bookings. I've got the past guest price now. The sale would have cost us $30 for the cabin but we would have gone from Deck 2 to Deck 8 inside. We ready to give it a go.:mad:

I saved $70 using early saver - no complaints here. I think sometimes it's a result of "who you talk to" when it comes to the allowable upgrades - that's why I've stopped dealing with TAs and started going direct to CCL. The TA gives up after 1 phone call. I'm willing to keep calling until someone does what I ask. - I'm always polite, I just keep asking till I get what I want, lol.

Archived