Dissapointed With Carnival

Genner

I have to agree that once they have got ya...they've got ya! we booked an 8 day that all of the family got something they wanted...DH got only two days at sea..he hates sea days..DD got to go to Puerto Rico. Then I got an email that they had dropped PR and they were sure we would enjoy our extra day at sea...no one was happy. They didnt give us a discount for less ports and we had to PAY to change to a different cruise.. No so happy

Was all set yesterday to jump on the 72 Hour sale to bag an upgrade while prices were hot. I booked through a TA and was all set to go for a cove balcony but they've just got back to me and said all prices quoted on the sale were for new bookings and not for upgrades :(

It's crazy, i was going to spend another $1000 with them, but no because of their stupid policy they'll not get a penny. How on earth does that make good business sense :confused::confused::confused:

Well, you've been snookered..royally...by your agent.

It was NOT just for new bookings. Dozens here have saved thousands of dollars by getting the lower rates for their bookings.

TA's don't like these sales at all. It costs them commisson. A good agent would do it anyway.... others simply don't do the paperwork or make the call and blame it on the cruise line.

Change TA's or book yourself...

There is a thread on the forum about the sale......read it and see what you missed. Your TA has cost you some money, for sure.

Well' date=' you've been snookered..royally...by your agent.

It was NOT just for new bookings. Dozens here have saved thousands of dollars by getting the lower rates for their bookings.

TA's don't like these sales at all. It costs them commisson. A good agent would do it anyway.... others simply don't do the paperwork or make the call and blame it on the cruise line.

Change TA's or book yourself...

There is a thread on the forum about the sale......read it and see what you missed. Your TA has cost you some money, for sure.[/quote']

Maybe it's just me but I'm confused. If the OP (Genner) was going to pay an extra $1000 to upgrade how would it have cost the TA commission? The TA would have made more commission, no?

Also how did it cost the OP money? He wasn't looking for a discount?

Bill

OP,

If you really want the cove balcony, wait until next week. My guess is that instead of paying $1000 to upgrade you can get it for $800 and have no problem doing it.

I noticed that every cruise I looked at had a large price increase the day before the "sale". I expect them to go back down in a few days.

I found an upgrade that would only cost us $50 and when my TA first called them they told her the sale ended Feb 4th, and the cabin I was looking at was not the price I had seen...I went back again, found the same info, printed it and sent to my TA who then called and spoke to a supervisor at Carnival and indeed, we were entitled to the upgrade, got it, had to haggle to keep our OBC, but my TA told them it was poor business for them and her and if they wanted anymore bookings from her....well you get my drift. I am so happy...we have a much nicer balcony cabin ( upgraded from obs view to verandah deck almost same location mid ship ! ) ....So I think it all depends on who you speak to at Carnival...the rules are not consistent. We had booked and paid in full !!

Keep trying !!

Cheers

I was able to get an upgrade from a Inside on the Empress Deck to a Ocean View on the Main Deck ( could have gotten it on the Empress deck but it was below the galley) and I sail next week. I had tried to get the price drop but I had booked Past Guest and all they could offer me was the upgrade. So not sure why you were told no.

Archived