Fantasy group dining?

Land+

We are taking our children and grandchildren on a Carnival Fantasy cruise out of Charleston and have reserved "early" assigned dinner seating. I'm not sure how many the tables on Fantasy will seat. Does anyone have thoughts on how they will likely arrange our group of 13? Thanks so much for any info you can provide.

I do know that there are no tables that large. You will maybe be placed at a couple of smaller tables next to each other. I would suggest seeing the MD as soon as you get on board to make sure the seating arrangements are satisfactory.

We had a large group couple of years ago and the biggest table we had sat 8 people but others were very close by and we switched it up a bit over the week cruise.

Wasn't a problem for our group but I agree to see MD as soon as possible to make sure you are good with the arrangements made otherwise that is the time to try and change the seating arrangement.

Enjoy your cruise.

The largest tables on Fantasy Class ships are for ten and there's not a lot of them.

Carnival Fantasy – Carnival Ecstasy – Carnival Sensation – Carnival Fascination

Carnival Imagination – Carnival Inspiration – Carnival Elation - Carnival Paradise

· Tables for 2: square

• Tables for 4: booth-style; square; oval
  • Tables for 6: booth-style; rectangular; oval
  • Tables for 8: rectangular
  • Tables for 10: round; rectangular

Regardless, your bookings will be linked so I'd expect to have your group seated at two tables next to each other...

:)

• 2 months later...

We had 14 (13 chairs and 1 highchair) in our group and they were able to put a square table for 4 at the end of a round table for 10 to accommodate us. This was on the 2nd night after we spoke with the maitre'd the 1st night. She was more than helpful and we had a wonderful time all together.

IF the Fantasy MDR is set up like the Paradise MDR (the one near the Atrium) there should be ONE table that will sit 14. We had 13. The table is HUGE and conversation is extremely difficult across the table. It is right behind the Hostess station.

Usually our same group of 13 is assigned the aft dining room. We sit at a table of 8 and directly across the aisle is a booth for the other 5. Those tables are your groups for the cruise. Feel free to move around. Your gruop usually has the same waitstaff. Be warned that waiters can only carry 12 plates at a time so there can be a bit of a wait.

The booth isn't too bad because it can be entered from both sides with only the middle person needing to slide.

I guess we had the one big table on the Fantasy in 08. We are a family of 4 and were seated with two other families of 4. There was also another family that was seated at our table the first night. They had one or two very young children (the rest of us had teens) and they left shortly after they sat down and never came back. The table was located in the Celebration dining room, just past the hostess desk in the middle of the room. I liked the location, since I have a small bladder and it was an easy exit to the restroom which is located outside the dining room.

We started switching seats after the 2nd night, that way we were able to talk to the others that we hadn't been seated next to the prior nights.

Archived