Should I choose Isla de Pasion, Nachi Cocom, or Xcaret?

Pomcoach

We are cruising during Spring Break and trying to choose something to do at Cozumel. Has anyone been to all 3 of these? There are 4 of us, and we're having trouble deciding which of these we might like. If there's somewhere else someone loved, let me know that too. 2 of us are in our late 50's and 2 of us are in early 30's. We want something that's not a bunch of crowds, good value for the money, and clean, treated well, not dangerous. There, did I cover it all? Ha Ha

Thanks for any help making this decision. I'd love to hear your experience and what you liked about any of these destinations.

We are cruising during Spring Break and trying to choose something to do at Cozumel. Has anyone been to all 3 of these? There are 4 of us, and we're having trouble deciding which of these we might like. If there's somewhere else someone loved, let me know that too. 2 of us are in our late 50's and 2 of us are in early 30's. We want something that's not a bunch of crowds, good value for the money, and clean, treated well, not dangerous. There, did I cover it all? Ha Ha

Thanks for any help making this decision. I'd love to hear your experience and what you liked about any of these destinations.

Been to Nachi many times...Xcaret a couple times when doing an AI land vacation.... Personally I prefer Nachi..... only a max of 100 guests and I have never seen more than 50 each time I have been there. Relaxed.... nice pool, ok beach, great service and very good food and drink. Well worth the $49.00 cost if you just want to relax.

Been to Nachi many times...Xcaret a couple times when doing an AI land vacation.... Personally I prefer Nachi..... only a max of 100 guests and I have never seen more than 50 each time I have been there. Relaxed.... nice pool, ok beach, great service and very good food and drink. Well worth the $59.00 cost if you just want to relax.

Nachi is still 49 bucks..unless you count cab fare... they have their own website for booking......

they are also on facebook...

We did Isla de Pasion on one cruise and Xcaret on another. We LOVED Xcaret.

Isla de Pasion was a glorified beach day with buffet lunch included. There was so much to do on Xcaret-we floated in the underground river, we swam in the blue lagoon, we saw Mayan ruins. We could have used three days there. Check out Xcaret's website. http://www.xcaret.com

You guys are the absolute best! Looks like more of you seem to like Nachi, but please keep those opinions coming! I think my daughter is leaning toward Xcaret. I don't really care as long as I'm with her and her wonderful hubby. We only get to see them when we travel to Florida.

Happy Cruising Everyone!

Pomcoach

I didn't even read your whole post and I haven't been to the other two places, but my vote for Coz is Nachi..........it's the only place I ever go......Carlos and company always take excellente' care of us, whether it's just me and sis or 60+ of my Crazies friends..............

I feel totally pampered there.................

I didn't even read your whole post and I haven't been to the other two places, but my vote for Coz is Nachi..........it's the only place I ever go......Carlos and company always take excellente' care of us, whether it's just me and sis or 60+ of my Crazies friends..............

I feel totally pampered there.................

How right you are, Janey! Charley (Carlos...) has been there for 12 years and he's fantastic!!!

:)

We tried this tour. Yes the guac was really good. The boat ride was a mess. I don't know if it had something to do with storms but the rides were really long and dangerous getting on/off the boats. One person fell through (they lined up several boats and you had to climb across).

Not much beach time because the ride was alot longer than any of us thought.

Travntreats: I DID pass on the link to my review of Nachi..best help I could give, actually...

didn't mean to come off as b*tchy.. I know everything is going up, so I checked the website in case I was wrong in my head, to be honest!

I believe that Xcaret is on the mainland, and involves a ferry ride that can take an hour each way? If you were not on Coz until the late hours it may not be a good idea?

Was the BEST excursion we have done on either of our cruises. I am not sure how someone couldnt have had a good time on it. The boat ride was at the most 25 mins. Lots of fun. We were on the island for close to 3 or 4 hours not sure had a few too many of the FREE drinks! Everyone in our group loved it.

I can only speak to Nachi as its the only one of the 3 I have done. Been there 3 times,and Carlos is truly amazing.Nice massage for 40 bucks,really sets the mood for the day.The drinks are flowing the food is very good.AND,they limit the number of people per day,so it is never crowded.Book early,it does sell out.

We went to Nachi ONE TIME. I suppose we picked the WRONG DAY to go there, as there was a large (15-20?) family group (3 generations) and EVERY GENERATION had a filthy mouth - and didn't mind using it AT VOLUME... over and over. They were embarrassing themselves, and didn't even know it. :eek:

Sad to say that it's people like that who give Carnival a bad name (their towels gave them away). I realize that other lines can/do carry similar people, though... (never mind). We just kept to ourselves, had a quick bite - and got the heck out of Dodge!

Not sure what we'll do when we head back in April.

Tom

Was the BEST excursion we have done on either of our cruises. I am not sure how someone couldnt have had a good time on it. The boat ride was at the most 25 mins. Lots of fun. We were on the island for close to 3 or 4 hours not sure had a few too many of the FREE drinks! Everyone in our group loved it.

Hmm that is interesting. The boat trip we took was over an hour plus the time it took to get off the boats. Also no free drinks. I wonder if other parts of the island are used or if something changed? I don't know - like I said in my original response - not sure if it was because of storms but our trip was MUCH different than yours.

PS - If fun is to be had we do have it and are probably the most laid back travellers you will find.

I'm totally sold on Nachi now, but have to wait to see what other 3 in my group want to do. Daughter should call us tonight and hopefully we will decide tonight. I cannot tell you all how much I appreciate all your help and comments! You are all the BEST!!

Pomcoach from Iowa

We spent the day at Nachi a few years ago. It was beautiful! We are in our mid 30's and my parents were almost 60 at the time. Nachi is clean, beautiful and the day we went there we less than 20 other people there. The food was good, but not great. They have a long stretch of beach with many chairs and umbrellas and they also have a large freshwater pool with a swim-up bar. Service was great.

Have a great cruise.

Another vote for Nachi and Carlos here. Carlos is awesome--he never let your drinks go dry and will even deliver them in the ocean! They have great food. He has a sense of humor. There was a group of us there (at least 10 of us) and had a wonderful time. You won't be disappointed.

Archived