Anyone know why...

fsuhockette

The Epic is only doing the Eastern Caribbean leg during early 2012 and not flip flopping like in the past with the Western? We did the Eastern leg in September and are booking for early next year - I dont have a problem doing the same ports again but was really hoping they'd offer the Western ports for something different.

On what I hope is considered a related subject, I noticed that there are no NCL caribbean sailings (western or eastern) listed in 2012 from May through the summer. I have looked several times as I plan my cruise for next year. Maybe I need new glasses?

PE.. won't NCL also have their two new ships by then? I haven't heard where they are going to be sailing from and to. Have you?

That's interesting...maybe that is why. Crazy to think they could be done in a year though. After sailing on Epic I think anything smaller would bore us. Are these new ships supposed to be as exciting as Epic?

That's interesting...maybe that is why. Crazy to think they could be done in a year though. After sailing on Epic I think anything smaller would bore us. Are these new ships supposed to be as exciting as Epic?

No.. they are going to be larger versions of NCL's current Jewel class ships. So larger versions of the Pearl, the Jewel, etc. However I am very sure NCL would be glad to read how much you love the Epic. 8-)

On what I hope is considered a related subject, I noticed that there are no NCL caribbean sailings (western or eastern) listed in 2012 from May through the summer. I have looked several times as I plan my cruise for next year. Maybe I need new glasses?

This isn't unusual. Many cruiselines pull out of the Caribbean for the summer to consentrate on Europe, Bermuda and Alaska. I wish this wasn't the case, but it is. I haven't checked but are you saying the SKy won't even be sailing from Miami during the summer of 20112?

Nita

PE.. won't NCL also have their two new ships by then? I haven't heard where they are going to be sailing from and to. Have you?

Isn't the first "new build" slated to be ready in late 2012? That is about the time that the Spirit will be moved to Europe/Asia and the Star moves to NOLA and the Dawn is moved to Tampa, I think?

PE

The new ships will be much larger than any of the current except Epic. They will both carry about 4000 passengers. Close to the Epic, almost double the current ships capacity. A little shorter than the Epic, but only a few hundred short of carrying capacity.:eek:

The new ships will be much larger than any of the current except Epic. They will both carry about 4000 passengers. Close to the Epic, almost double the current ships capacity. A little shorter than the Epic, but only a few hundred short of carrying capacity.:eek:

Where have you found these specifications?

PE

Archived