Drink Package Question??

number8

Stealing, Fraud, Larceny, Conspiracy!

Does it really matter which word here is the technically correct one?

They'd love that one in court: "Your Honor, let me explain, I was not stealing and I'm not a thief! I was simply defrauding the cruise line."

Yeah I know, splitting hairs. I guess the point really was that if you get a drink, water etc., then decide you're not going to finsh it, don't like it, etc. and then give it away, you are not doing anything illegal, just breaking the drink package rules. Although I guess, if you're on a ship in the middle of the ocean, their rules pretty much are the law.

But I think it can be agreed that nothing is wrong with giving your thirsty kid some of your package water, or letting your friend finish the drink you don't like. I have a feeling the cruise line wouldn't care about those instances either. On the other hand, it seems most would (and I think should) have an issue with making a game plan of how to skim some extra drinks from the bars so your cruising partner doesn;t have to buy them or a package.

Here's a different drinking dilemma. DH and DW each get a package, one classic, one premium. They don't drink premium drinks at the same time, but they each do at various times throughout the day. Is it ok to get different packages, and then just order drinks for the other when the classic holder wants a premium drink?

*All prices in USD are subject to change without notice. A 15% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic and Premium Package prices at checkout. Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, are not sold on a per day or any other basis, and no refunds will be issued for unused amounts. Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar or room service. Ordered packages may be modified up to four days prior to sailing by canceling and reordering the package. Cancellations or refunds will not be issued onboard the vessel after embarkation day. Availability of beverage packages varies by ship. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Other terms and conditions apply.

I have a idea! Why pay for two people in a cabin? Your spouse will only sleep when your not in the cabin. You can order extra food you don't want and your spouse will only eat when your done. Entertainment no problem go at different times. Just think you can save half on the tips as well. Another thought why pay at all just use peoples cabins when they are out and drink their unfinished drinks.

Understand the rules, then let your conscience be your guide.

Looks like you have plenty of advice/opinions??:eek: So you don't need one from me.

I will say, however, that if you don't want to be judged don't ask things that demand judgement.:rolleyes:

Be warned, Royal Caribbean come down HEAVILY on theft.

Shipboard rumour on Indy 18 day cruise in January was that 2 ladies lifted some silver necklaces on show on the benches on the first day. The jewellery was found in their cabin, no reciepts or record of sales. They were disembarked at the first port (Lisbon) to make their own way home.

If true, it was a pretty stupid thing to do!

Richard

Archived