muster drill on RCCL Freedom of the Seas

2kiddomommy

My (extended) family have 4 rooms booked on deck 6 across the front of the ship, but my immediate family and I are in a balcony room down the hall. I am curious if we will all be directed to the same area during the muster drill. Along that same line, does any experienced cruiser have a diagram showing the layout of which stateroom goes to which safety area?

Hope this makes sense.... Thanks for your help.

If some of your cabins are on port and some on starboard, you will be in different locations. If some of them are forward and some aft, again there will be different lifeboats. There's no way around this, and you can't ask to be changed to a different lifeboat station. As long as your family is together, it shouldn't matter where everyone else winds up. Is there a reason why you're curious about this?

yes, to keep costs down my DS (3) is actually booked in a different room as their 6th passenger (they only have 5 people in their immediate family) than me/my hubby/DD (20 months). I have found out through wonderful info on this board that kiddos get a bracelet to alert the AO staff where they need to be for the lifeboats in case of emergency. If it is the case that we will be in different muster areas, then my DS won't be brought to where I am. I know that the likelihood of an emergency happening is slim, but I would like to have my son with me should something happen.

I would be able to give you stateroom numbers, but the royal caribbean site is having technical difficulties at this time.

thanks for your info.... I hope this clarifies some things so I can really tell if this is the case....

Archived