Independence back to Southampton 27 Apr 11... time off ship?

tc80tc80

We will be arriving back in Southampton on the 27th of April 2011. The schedule shows an arrival time of 05:30.

For those that have arrived this early on past voyages, what time did you get off of the ship? I am trying to schedule train times back to London.

You certainly won't be allowed off at 05.30am, as the ship won't have cleared customs and the heavy luggage won't have been off loaded.

When we arrived back 20.10.10, I noticed some pax getting in to taxis @ 07.30am.

I think they may have seen to their own luggage.

In the first few days, you will fill in a form stating onward travel arrangements. Request a disembarkation that suits you and state the train time that you have tickets for.

If you don't get a suitable time, go to customer relations & explain your position.

Be aware that sometimes ships are delayed sometimes, we docked at 11am once. When we docked on January 26th, self disembarkation started at 6.45am. Talk to guest relations and they will probally give you an early slot, say 7.30am, but allow time to get your luggage go through customs (they were stopping lots!) and getting a taxi as well. We were 1/2 hour from leaving the ship to getting in the car.

I would guess around 9am might be possible.

Richard

Archived