Atrium elevator

Cozzette2

I think they only stop on each floor if that floor button has been pushed-simply the same as any other elevator.

I was on the Liberty last year-what a fantastic ship and trip. We were on an Eastern tour with a stop at Half Moon Cay-beautiful.

They do stop on the upper deck, but no not on every floor.

The only time I've had any noise was when I was in the cabin that you are facing as you enter the cabin passage way. And it wasn't so much the ding of the elevator as it was passengers that weren't talking in their inside voices.

Edit to say: I think they can only stop between decks 3 and 9 (on a Conquest or similar sized ship)

elevators work, based on call buttons. there are some in the cab, and some on each floor. if a button is depressed, the elevator will deploy to that location. it will then await further instructions by the depression of other call buttons.

the elevator dings once at the floor when going in one direction, and twice when going in the reverse direction.

When I booked I didn't realize that we booked by an atrium elevator, it just said garden on the deck plans. Now I am concerned that this location [ and we have 3 cabins ] may be noisy with a lot of foot traffic. I may have to rethink this whole thing:D

Kris

When I booked I didn't realize that we booked by an atrium elevator, it just said garden on the deck plans. Now I am concerned that this location [ and we have 3 cabins ] may be noisy with a lot of foot traffic. I may have to rethink this whole thing:D

Kris

What kind of room is it? Is it an inside that abutts the elevator or is a balcony across the hall?

We have 3 balcony cabins, 6276, 6278, 6280. The cabin I am most concerned about is 6276 which looks like there is no barrier from sound at all.

Thanks, Kris

6276 is the cabin I was talking about that did have some elevator noise....It wasn't the elevator itself but the people standing around in the elevator lobby talking as they came down the hall to their cabin.

We were in a balcony on Lido deck on Freedom (9226 I think) last year. The balcony was RIGHT by the atrium elevators and the other elevator bank. There is a bit of a sound barrier there, even though it does not look like it on the deck plans. We never heard anything disruptive. Once in a while we’d hear the “ding” or a little noise coming up through the atrium area. Not many people used that set of elevators all the way up to Lido though so that may be why.

We have 3 balcony cabins, 6276, 6278, 6280. The cabin I am most concerned about is 6276 which looks like there is no barrier from sound at all.

Thanks, Kris

We stayed in 6266 on Liberty which is the very first door across the hall from the landing for the Atrium Elevators. We had NO noise from the elevators, and actually loved the location for easy access to the elevators and stairs. I have heard some people have some problems with the inside rooms which actually share a wall with elevator equipment, but you should be fine with your balconies. Enjoy!

6276 is the cabin I was talking about that did have some elevator noise....It wasn't the elevator itself but the people standing around in the elevator lobby talking as they came down the hall to their cabin.

I travel extensively for a living. One thing I learned early on. Never book a hotel room near an elevator, an exterior door or the ice machine. People for some reason can not enter or exit quietly. Same can be applied to a cruise ship. I have had rooms on the Legend near the elevator area with no problem but would never book a room where the elevator faced the door to my room.

Archived