Riviera

Corvette

As we were waiting to disembark Marina's maiden voyage FDR wandered through the area around the grand staircase and someone asked that question. He said the information and booking availability would be mid-March and the maiden voyage was scheduled for mid-April, 2012, Barcelona to Athens. So within a month, or so, we should know.

As we were waiting to disembark Marina's maiden voyage FDR wandered through the area around the grand staircase and someone asked that question. He said the information and booking availability would be mid-March and the maiden voyage was scheduled for mid-April, 2012, Barcelona to Athens. So within a month, or so, we should know.

I wonder when the actual ceremony will be? The Innaugural, as in Miami, when the ship has it's Godmother, etc. Will Reviera wait for Miami as well?

Our welcoming of Marina into the Port of Miami was wonderful but the actual Innauguration did not occur for us onboard that Maiden Voyage.

I wonder when the actual ceremony will be? The Innaugural, as in Miami, when the ship has it's Godmother, etc. Will Reviera wait for Miami as well?

I guess it depends when it will be coming to Miami.

From the sounds of it though they will be doing Europe for that spring/summer/fall so would be a long wait

I seem to recall one of the small ships was Christened in Europe

Lyn

The three ships were christened in Barcelona, Monaco and Istanbul.

I truly doubt that the Riviera will not be christened until she arrives in Miami - that may not be until very late in the year.....

Look for a christening somewhere in the Med.

I thought there were some Maiden Voyagers who had difficulty understanding (including me) why Marina had to wait until Miami. The explanation seemed to be because that is where the home port is. We were hoping for some celebration and we got it after all when we cruised into the port....all the welcomes and waves and water spouts.

Lynne

Archived