price drops and room changes?

I booked our cruise for next February 2012 and completely missed the field where you pick your stateroom, so we were assigned a random room. I guess it'll be OK, but I'm wondering if there is anyway to change without a fee?

Also, suppose they run a special, either on board credit, or the price drops before final payment is due. Can I get a credit?

First time sailing with Disney, so I will probably have lots of questions!

TIA!

Just give them a call. You can choose any available cabin in your category and they will change it for you. There should still be a pretty good selection since your sailing isn't until 2012. :) If you booked with Disney there is no fee for making a cabin change. If you booked through a TA, sometimes they charge a fee to make a change. If the price goes down, you can call them anytime before final payment date and they will adjust it for you. But it's not automatic--you have to find the price drop and request an adjustment.

You can find out which room you were assigned, find it on the deck plan and see if it will be ok for you. If not, call and change. The deck plans come in handy! Keep an eye for specials, discounts, codes, etc. If you don't have a disney travel agent you may want to get one, then they do all the work for you! If you choose not to get an agent, keep a close eye on the discounts, the cast member you speak with on the phone will not give you any information. Sometimes there is a 3 letter code for a discount, it always helps to give them that, it makes it easier for them to "find" in their booking system.

Archived