Free Parking at Southampton??

jadzhea

Hi

Booked a cruise in September thru an online TA (am I allowed to say which one?... where a eskimo would live)

Cruising in April with Royal Carribean

Anyway , when i booked it, it said free parking at Southhampton, and being a cruise novice , I just assumed everyone got the free parking...

Then i noticed numerous threads on parking prices etc.., so I went back on the website searched for my cruise (price had gone down :( ), and it no longer mentioned free parking!!:eek:

I then phoned them, looked through all my paperwork, which didnt mention it either, and they said no, the parking wasnt included!!

Any suggestions about what i should do?

Thanks Jane:D

Hi

I am sailing in September and the cruise was advertised as offering free parking at Southampton. The T/A did not book my parking for me, I did it myself using the ABP website.

I would suggest you look at the ABP parking website, start booking a car parking space and see if it comes up free (you can cancel the booking before you have to pay). Alternatively contact ABP and ask them if there is any available free parking for your cruise ship and date.

Have a great cruise!

Vickie

Hi

Then i noticed numerous threads on parking prices etc.., so I went back on the website searched for my cruise (price had gone down :( ),

I believe that some cruise operators operate a price match (Royal Caribbean for one) where if the price goes down before your cruise they will refund the difference IF you make a claim. I've never done it but I'm sure I've seen it discussed on these boards.

I booked a cruise with Cunard for this year which has free car parking with CPS (Cruise & Passenger Services). My travel agent gave me a code in their Voyage Confirmation Invoice and I had to put this code in a box on the CPS website when I booked my car in. The CPS invoice came up as zero amount owing.

Thanks for all your input, looks like I have another unexpected cost to deal with!!:mad:

Jane:D

I booked a cruise with our usual online agency and it didn't mention free parking. I got an e.mail from another agent days later which did mention it so I went through the process mentioned by Vickie ( firstevercruise) and it confirmed we were entitled to the free parking so do try that , you'll need all your booking info and your travel agents atol or abta number , you may just still get it, if not look into travelling by train, it can work out cheaper.

Archived