Which Rule Is Most Important To You?

roe2ship

WHICH RULE IS MOST IMPORTANT TO YOU?  

715 members have voted

1. 1. WHICH RULE IS MOST IMPORTANT TO YOU?

• Dress Code
    • Designated Smoking Areas
    • No reserving lounge chairs
    • No minors allowed (i.e hot tubs, adult pools, etc)

Why are we even discussing this poll? All of us who have cruised on Princess know that they post these rules but NEVER enforce them. I was just on the Dawn and in Jammers about half the tables have signs on them that say "Thank you for not smoking" Well, after all the "smoking" tables were taken smokers occupied the "non-smoking" tables and started smoking. They did so because the waiters BROUGHT THEM ASHTRAYS!!!

At no time did I see the deck attendant remove articles and towels left for hours on loungers around the pool. Not once did I see a princess employee tell a smoker in an off limits area to extinguish their cigarette.

We all have similar stories and we know Princess, other than publish the rules, do not enforce them for fear of alienating a paying passenger so why have a poll regarding a moot subject?

Maybe you did not understand the question, as of right now there are 291 other Princess cruisers that thought the subject was worth discussing and voting.

This is a good poll - glad you posted it!

Considering that these are all frequent hot topics for discussion on the boards, it is interesting to see how they measure up to each other as the most annoying.

IMHO the dress code topics generate the most passionate posts - here it is the least important (less than 10%). :confused: If I were ranking them, it would be the least important (in fact UNimportant) to me - I'll never allow my evening to be spoiled by what someone else is wearing. Maybe they spent the last of their discretionary $ just to get on the cruise - if they are clean and covered, they are OK.

Kids in the hot tubs and smokers where they should not be are the two that irritate me the most.

Our two sons and a daugter-in-law have had melanoma - laying in the sun is not something we do - so don't care about the lounge chairs. We do make faces at those saving a whole row or more in the theater. I don't think it is unreasonable for people to hold one or two for friends/family making a pit stop.

IMHO the dress code topics generate the most passionate posts - here it is the least important (less than 10%). :confused:

The choice is what is MOST important, but that doesn't imply that any of the others listed are inconsequential to those who have made a choice. Your conclusion is like saying that most people think speeding is the most dangerous violation of law when driving, therefore we shouldn't place any effort into finding drunk drivers. You can take that a bit further - we all seem to agree that drunk driving is bad and should be punished severely, yet we balk at being prohibited from using cell phones while driving - yet both actions are EQUALLY dangerous to others.

Because adults don't go running up and down the halls, screaming, pounding on doors and removing nametags, throwing stuff into the pools and disrespect the staff. And don't get me started on underage drinking.. :rolleyes:

:mad: If adults don't have to leave till late, why should teens. This is a once in a lifetime thing. (or at least for some people)

Life isn't fair so get over it. The bottomline is although you may think otherwise you are NOT an adult yet.

In another 10-20 years you'll understand this. Until then you are just going to have to trust us on this one.

Scott

OK Spongerob, I stand corrected - I guess. As I re-read my post, I'm not sure how you got that out of it. I do not think I implied that the dress code is trivial or unimportant to everyone who has responded to this poll. I only said for more than 90% of the respondents it appears to be the LEAST important (of the 4 listed). I did say that for me, it is UNimportant.

You have a marvelous way with words and I admire your talent at expressing your opinions - I wish I could do it as well. So - I apologize to those who thought I was diminishing the importance of all Princess rules being enforced.

I'm still glad roe2ship posted the poll and I still find it interesting which of the 4 choices is NOT selected as MOST important by a large percentage of those who responded.

I sure don't want to start another dress code discussion here! Just telling roe2ship that I'm glad she started the thread and why I find it interesting.

I’ll admit I haven’t voted in the poll – mainly because I guess I’m a bit perplexed as to why we need to identify which “rule” is most important. Aren’t they all important? But why is it that as a society we can’t just be civil to one another? Would we need these written rules then?

Maybe I ask for utopia, but it seems to me if we acted properly, we wouldn’t need to be reminded how to dress, when we shouldn’t save chairs, where we should smoke or who should be in a hot tub. A little common sense and manners – and a concerted attempt for “it” not to be all about oneself – is all that’s really called for here. It’s unfortunate that rules have to be slapped down because we can’t behave ourselves.

I’ll admit I haven’t voted in the poll – mainly because I guess I’m a bit perplexed as to why we need to identify which “rule” is most important. Aren’t they all important? But why is it that as a society we can’t just be civil to one another? Would we need these written rules then?

Maybe I ask for utopia, but it seems to me if we acted properly, we wouldn’t need to be reminded how to dress, when we shouldn’t save chairs, where we should smoke or who should be in a hot tub. A little common sense and manners – and a concerted attempt for “it” not to be all about oneself – is all that’s really called for here. It’s unfortunate that rules have to be slapped down because we can’t behave ourselves.

Well now not only does Rob speak well, bdjam, you have spoken my exact thoughts so well! I also didn't vote in the poll, as All of the Above, wasn't a choice!

Thanks both of you, for your posts! :)

Well now not only does Rob speak well, bdjam, you have spoken my exact thoughts so well! I also didn't vote in the poll, as All of the Above, wasn't a choice!

Thanks both of you, for your posts! :)

Add me to the "thank Rob and bdjam" list. I also did not vote as All of the Above", wasn''t a choice. :)

Add me to the "thank Rob and bdjam" list.

Well, now that I’ve re-read ‘rob’s post, maybe that’s where I heard it!! But I agree – all of the above would have been a good choice to add to the poll…

This is a good poll - glad you posted it!

Considering that these are all frequent hot topics for discussion on the boards, it is interesting to see how they measure up to each other as the most annoying.

Thank you Julie. I am very surprised at the results so far.

Just so that everyone knows...on Princess it its again the rule to save chairs ( yes I know well all know this ) but the deck attendent on the Caribbean told my group to feel free to move peoples towels. Having a towel on your chair does not mean that your there. The only way you can not still a chair is if there is personal property on it. The chair its self. If there is a chair with just a towel between 2 chairs with bags of stuff on them the middle chair is fair game. THe deck attendent stated that towels are not that hard to take as if they are yours so just do it. :) Enjoy sunning

To me, all these issues are trivial compared to letting diapered, or un-toilet trained children use the pools.

There is a sign on the side of Princess hot tubs, stating that this is not allowed, however the deck attendants that I dealt with on the Coral Princess over New Years, refused to ask parents to remover their kids/ babies from the pool.

After one hour of my complaining, a POOP is seen floating in the main pool.

The cruise director, who was just about to start the "survivor" game, had it scooped out, held the game, then had the pool closed for the rest of the day!!

Abit too late--don't you think? The damage was done.

E-coli can make us very sick & can cause death to people with weakened immune systems.

I urge all of you , fellow passengers, to speak up when you see this happening, & insist that the parents remove their children immediatly.

LiLi2

To me all of the rules are important! Maybe because I'm a retired teacher and had to enforce rules even if I didn't always agree with them. The Princess crew and staff should be expected to do the same thing!

Smoking in the designated areas and no kids in the hot tubs (and I'd include diapers in the pools) are health and safety issues that must be enforced.

I don't really care how others dress but on formal nights those who don't like to dress up can eat at the Horizon Court. The dining rooms should be kept like nice restaurants.

All that said what bothers me most are the chair hogs. I am a paying passenger. I shouldn't have to go around moving people's towels and belongings although I will if they have been there for a long time with no occupants. Some people are just rude and try to block out lounges before they go to breakfast and keep them all day with a towel and a book to keep "their spot". I have seen many people with one set of lounges in the sun and another set in the shade. They move back and forth. Not fair!

A cruise should be a stress free vacation for the passengers. The crew should be the ones enforcing the rules. Princess should not make rules unless THEY are going to enforce them. We as passnegers need to speak up instead of steaming silently.

Longduo

To me, all these issues are trivial compared to letting diapered, or un-toilet trained children use the pools.

There is a sign on the side of Princess hot tubs, stating that this is not allowed, however the deck attendants that I dealt with on the Coral Princess over New Years, refused to ask parents to remover their kids/ babies from the pool.

After one hour of my complaining, a POOP is seen floating in the main pool.

The cruise director, who was just about to start the "survivor" game, had it scooped out, held the game, then had the pool closed for the rest of the day!!

Abit too late--don't you think? The damage was done.

E-coli can make us very sick & can cause death to people with weakened immune systems.

I urge all of you , fellow passengers, to speak up when you see this happening, & insist that the parents remove their children immediatly.

LiLi2

Good Point Lili! I have to say that I'm always a bit concerned when I see diapered cuties in the pool. I'm sorry...but that rule should not be overlooked :(. I know I got flamed over on the family forum last year for saying that I don't think babies should be allowed in the pools with just a diaper. I'd even go as far as to say that I'm not happy with them having a swim diaper on...as a parent I know that those "swimmy diapers" are really nothing more than a sieve. yuck :(. I would love to see infants with the swim diaper and a plastic cover. But that probably doesn't happen often.

Heck..I love babies. I don't have an issue with them being on the ship at all. But PLEASE no diapers in the pool :(. One of the pools was closed for over 24 hours last year on the Golden b/c of a diaper issue.

If life was fair - I'd be rich and beautiful and young and married to Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise or even John Schneider (he's still looking as good as he did from those Dukes of Hazzard days.) LOL

Jeez - who ever said Life Was Fair? Well, IT'S NOT. It never has been - it never will be.

The sooner thatsnotfair learns this valuable lesson, the better he/she will feel about life.

Some free, unsolicited advice from a Mom of a former "life's not fair" kid.

What I find most interesting is not finding my post when I go back to a thread. I cannot understand what I could hav possibly said that would make my post be removed by some sensor. Was it that I said something about teens on Celebrity? Or that I said i would get annoyed if someone removed my things from a chair while I had a massage? Or perhaps that I disagreed with which side of the ship was the smoking side? I wish someone would please explain why posts are removed.

Archived