Oasis Allure Questions Question

Another OASIS Question - - -

Since it is only a 7 night sail, do they still have the $20 bag of laundry? I wouldnt think so, but I am curious to know. Sorry, we havent been on a 7 night in a long time, they have all been 9 and over.

Thanks for anyone with info!

:D:):p

did our first RCCL last Oct.

We have stayed at both Embassy Suites and Hyatt place, both on 17th st. We have secured them both for under $100 using hotwire...check betterbidding.com to be sure what hotel you are bidding on.

Both offer hot breakfast and shuttle to port...but port is only $10 cab ride. We call for 10:30 cab, no line, first on...time to explore, catch lunch w/o crowds.

Another vote here for the Hyatt Place. Also got it on Hotwire cheap (I think around $70) after consulting betterbidding. They have a free shuttle to pick you up at the airport and will also drop you off at the ship for free (you just need to sign up at the desk the day before to reserve your spot on the shuttle). Excellent hotel and a great value.

I've also stayed at the Embassy Suites and liked it a lot, but all things considered it becomes more pricey than the HP.

Another OASIS Question - - -

Since it is only a 7 night sail, do they still have the $20 bag of laundry? I wouldnt think so, but I am curious to know. Sorry, we havent been on a 7 night in a long time, they have all been 9 and over.

Thanks for anyone with info!

:D:):p

Yes they still have a Wash and Fold Special on DAY 5 ! ($25. per Bag)

This doesn't include certain items like polo shirts or Dry Cleaning. . .

If you are D+ it will be FREE :)

On DAY 6 they also have an Internet Special. You can use Internet from you Cabin TV (only .45 per minute on Day 6 and Day 7)

Radio

;);)

Yes they still have a Wash and Fold Special on DAY 5 ! ($25. per Bag)

This doesn't include certain items like polo shirts or Dry Cleaning. . .

If you are D+ it will be FREE :)

On DAY 6 they also have an Internet Special. You can use Internet from you Cabin TV (only .45 per minute on Day 6 and Day 7)

Radio

;);)

Thanks, as always!! I remember there being a coupon in the Diamond booklet & thought that made it $15 or $20 for the sock/underware/jammie laundry bag. Whatever the cost though, its GREAT to know they have it on a 7 night! :)

Okay, NEXT OASIS question:

We're almost 90 days out, can someone tell me (or have a list they've made) about all the shows on board? I want to be prepared to book them as soon as they're available to book.

Thanks!:):D

Okay, NEXT OASIS question:

We're almost 90 days out, can someone tell me (or have a list they've made) about all the shows on board? I want to be prepared to book them as soon as they're available to book.

Thanks!:):D

When I went in to book specialty restaurants, and try to book shows (never hurts to try, right?!), there was a link to a PDF of the show schedule...

When I went in to book specialty restaurants, and try to book shows (never hurts to try, right?!), there was a link to a PDF of the show schedule...

The only message I received was that thy are not available yet.

Maybe they have to be available to book to receive the pdf link.

Go to explore a ship, pick Oasis and under the Ship Facts click on Entertainment at a Glance for the schedule.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/OA_Showtimes-at-a-Glance_AltRev2.pdf

Thank you for posting the link. I hope they update it, it only goes through March. Definitely should give us an idea tho! Thanks again!!! :)

I cruised Oasis in Feb 2010 and Allure in Feb 2011. They are so similar, there really isn't much difference.

Allure has a Starbucks, Oasis does not, however someone pointed out that you can still buy Starbucks coffee on Oasis.

Allure has Dreamworks characters, Oasis did not, not sure if they do now. Probably not a factor unless you have younger children.

Allure has a smaller FOCUS camera store than Oasis. Allure used the space for a Guess store. Allure had a Pets at Sea store on Boardwalk, I think it is like Build-a-Bear. I don't remember that on Oasis. Also there is a teen clothing store on Boardwalk that I don't remember on the Oasis. There is no hotdog place on Oasis boardwalk like there is on Allure.

Allure artwork is different than the Oasis artwork, both are beautiful.

I posted pictures from both cruises on Flickr. If you look at the Allure set, if I had a similar pic from Oasis I posted it right underneath. The only real difference is the decorations.

We had an awesome time on both ships. The shows were different.

One thing that made the Oasis trip better for my 15-y-o son was the cruise director. He really loved, loved, loved Richard Spacey on Oasis. The cruise director really lends a lot of the personality to a ship.

Allure photos:

Oasis photos:

Archived