Dawn Equals STAR

Journey11

First, if this is old news, forgive me, but I have read a number of references to what will be done to the Dawn while in drydock and speculation that Deck 12 will be modified like the Star.

Well, today I was looking at cruises in 2012 on the NCL website and saw that the Dawn is listing cabin types on Deck 12 similar to the refurbished Star. However, one difference I noted was more new suites with balconies. The Star only has 4 on Deck 12. I think I saw at least twice that number listed for the Dawn.

OH MAN.. Doug and I have wondered if this would happen to the Dawn. Of all the NCL ships, the Dawn seems to have the most loyal pax base I have never known. I am sure most of them will be sick or were sick when they found out about this and the removal of Spinnaker Lounge.

Yes, there are 10 family suites with balconies listed on the updated deck plan (deck 12) for the Dawn. And they are further back than the 4 suites with balconies on the Star.

I think NCL is having to upsell a lot of the family suites on the Star because people don't want to give up their balcony. So they decided to spend a few extra bucks to include balconies on more of the new suites on the Dawn.

This puzzles us also. I've read on here many times how under used the Spinnaker is but actually it seems to be where we end up many many nights. M&Gs, Lats party, Quest, Not so Newlywed game and White Hot Party just as a few examples. I know it is also used a lot for private functions. We have no plans for either ship in the near future but I do think I would miss it if we did. Many nights it seems Spinnaker and Bliss/Fyzz/Dazzles both have activities and/or shows in similiar time slots.:(. Seems to me it would have to cut down on the entertainment options and make the remaining ones more crowded, not that some nights we don't love a good crowd:).

This puzzles us also. I've read on here many times how under used the Spinnaker is but actually it seems to be where we end up many many nights. M&Gs, Lats party, Quest, Not so Newlywed game and White Hot Party just as a few examples. I know it is also used a lot for private functions. We have no plans for either ship in the near future but I do think I would miss it if we did. Many nights it seems Spinnaker and Bliss/Fyzz/Dazzles both have activities and/or shows in similiar time slots.:(. Seems to me it would have to cut down on the entertainment options and make the remaining ones more crowded, not that some nights we don't love a good crowd:).

Those activities still take place in the Spinnaker on the Star at its new location on deck 7 and it holds more people.

And what about the activities that would have been held in Dazzles, now the Galleria, displaced by the new Spinnaker?

I searched each deck too and the Star does not have the equivilent of Dazzles now that the Galleria is there.

And what about the activities that would have been held in Dazzles, now the Galleria, displaced by the new Spinnaker?

Just my two cents worth.. ehehhe... but as much as we enjoyed Dazzles on the Dawn, we never used the bar that was it's equal on the Star.. I can't remember the name of it.. but I liked the new Galleria so much more than the old shopping area on the Star, IMHO, it was worth giving up whatever was lost.

I know we are not with the majority but the idea of the family suites are very appealing to us. We are a family of six, and look forward to trying them on the Star this December. The price is wonderful, and although we are without a balcony, the suite benefits are well worth it. We had an AB penthouse on the Jewel, loved the room, but enjoyed the extras more. We liked Spinnakers, but will do what we would have done there in a different location, no big deal to us. As the above posted, we are loyal Dawn followers and look forward to trying the suites on her. We welcome the change, and love the idea of affordable rooms that will sleep six.

On the Star, all the activities and locations are listed in the Freestyle Daily. Since I don't know what activities you are referring to, you can find the Freestyle Dailies posted somewhere in this forum. I hope this helps.

Archived