Miracle-St kitts

cruisinlawn

I've already posted on ports board but little activity so I thought I would try here. Any recent experience in St Kitts with the train excursion? Thinking of taking parents, mid-70's on this tour. Mom is mobile but would likely have her wheelchair. Any thoughts? TIA :)

I just did the train in St. Kitts. There are steps up into the train and more (narrow) stairs up to the second level. I have knee problems, so I stayed on the lower level of the train. The upper level is open air, but the lower level is enclosed and has wicker chairs and tables. Lots to see from either level.

You will have a choice of rum punch, pina colada, non-alcoholic punch, soft drinks or water onboard (and there is a washroom in each car).

I'm not sure if there were any people with wheelchairs on the train or if the train could even accommodate a wheelchair. If your mom is mobile, she could likely handle things without the chair.

The only thing I'd mention is that the train is very noisy (lots of squeeks, squeals, etc.) and it was sometimes hard to hear the narration, but the scenery more than makes up for it.

We were going to do the train but ended up doing something else instead. Friends that we met on the cruise said they did the train and it was really nice. St. Kitts is very scenic so I'm sure the views are lovely from a train.

The excursion isn't specifically wheelchair friendly but if she can take a few steps to board a train I don't see how that could be a problem. Maybe call Carnival to make sure first though.

Archived