Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Pride review (photos, funtimes & more)

MikeyA53

Hi Mike, I found your reviews last week, starting with your B2B2B. Love it! I'm from Newfoundland Canada and we're cruising in 3 weeks on the freedom. I'm so excited. This is only our second cruise but we're addicted already. After reading your reviews I want to do a B2B badly. Maybe next year. Your reviews gave me the incentive to bring my gym clothes this time and keep working out instead of just eating and lazing around, Thank you for that and good luck to Tracey!

Thank you newfie cruiser. I knew right of way where you were from by your name. :D . You have quite a long way to go to get to the port, enjoy your cruise. Mike

Thank you so much for this great review! We leave for our first-ever family cruise on April 3 and seeing this has been great. DH and I are a little nervous as it's a new experience for us and we're going with a three-year-old and it's so nice to see the up to date menus, photos, Fun Times and more.

When I post my review it will be short and sweet since you covered absolutely everything! Thanks again.

Thank you rlthomas7, I assume you notice that I included the activity schedules for kids. Hope you have a wonderful cruise. Mike

so your review is almost over..so it occurs to me that Tracy should be doing one of depot...I know she is a little busy..but it would be a service to recruits from now on

I especially would like to see a photo of the garbage can over the recruits head..or are they still allowed to do that

I have video of my wife's cousin grad at depot..hearing the sgt yelling at his boneheads on their final parade is really funny...but I am sure there are people who if they heard it would think he was just mean

anyhow, thanks for the review...good wishes to Tracy and both of you stay safe

Thanks Captain, Tracy might get on cruise critic this weekend, I haven't spoken to her since Monday, she's very busy.

It was great to see a picture Manuel the Maitre'D. He was on the Miracle in 2010 and what a wonderful Maitre'D he was. Each night we saw him in the MDR and during the day, up on the Lido deck. He always stopped at our table to see how things were.

PS... time to water the plants?

:D

I did them on Monday and I have it written on the calender to water them again this coming Monday. :D

Thanks again for the great review and pictures.

You finished up just in time- we sail on the Pride in 15 days!!!

I was excited before, but now that I have gotten to know the ship through your review, I am more ready to go than ever before.

Thankfully we are only 15 days away.

Thank you JWBmom, I see you haven't cruised Carnival for quite a while, hope you have a wonderful cruise. Mike

Hi Mike

Once again another great job, Our first cruise was on the Liberty and she is a beautiful ship. May i ask a favour would you please post the mailing address for Tracey again.... sorry I know you posted on one of these pages ;) i would love to send her a card and a Thank You. I know you are doing a stellar job taking care of the homefront. Take care

Helen

I just wanted to say that I have loved reading your review! I've spent that past two nights reading through it and have enjoyed every minute.

Thank you iggy's mom' date=' glad you enjoyed it[/size']. :)

Hi Mike

Once again another great job, Our first cruise was on the Liberty and she is a beautiful ship. May i ask a favour would you please post the mailing address for Tracey again.... sorry I know you posted on one of these pages ;) i would love to send her a card and a Thank You. I know you are doing a stellar job taking care of the homefront. Take care

Helen

Thank you Helen, here is her address again.

Tracy Aube

Troop 20

Depot Division

PO Box 6500

Regina, SK

Canada

S4P-3J7

Once again you have outdone yourself!! Thank You for the review, I am going to miss checking CC each day, looking for the next days adventures! Guess I really have to wait till October now and experience it myself. I too have actually been inspired to get more involved in the activities. We have always just watched, and are real good at being 'the audience'. Good Luck to Tracy!!!

I was just reading another thread and they stated that you have to pay for dessert at the "cafe." Can anyone tell me if this is the same cafe where Mike gets that great looking carrot cake? Sorry, I don't know how to show that other page with the statement about paying. We have never cruised Carnival.

I was just reading another thread and they stated that you have to pay for dessert at the "cafe." Can anyone tell me if this is the same cafe where Mike gets that great looking carrot cake? Sorry, I don't know how to show that other page with the statement about paying. We have never cruised Carnival.

Yes, I believe so,- it is like the ships "starbucks" area, just in case you want that extra splurge on gorgeous cakes a foot high, the ooey-gooey Carrot cake, chocolate covered strawberries and if someone can confirm-- specialty coffee drinks and shakes?

It is all very reasonable and I am sure Mike can let you know the going rate for the carrot cake. :D

Once again you have outdone yourself!! Thank You for the review, I am going to miss checking CC each day, looking for the next days adventures! Guess I really have to wait till October now and experience it myself. I too have actually been inspired to get more involved in the activities. We have always just watched, and are real good at being 'the audience'. Good Luck to Tracy!!!

Thank you leaski and have a wonderful cruise. :D

The total cost which includes tip for the carrot cake was $2.59. All the other items were approximately the same price. :p

Yes, I believe so,- it is like the ships "starbucks" area, just in case you want that extra splurge on gorgeous cakes a foot high, the ooey-gooey Carrot cake, chocolate covered strawberries and if someone can confirm-- specialty coffee drinks and shakes?

It is all very reasonable and I am sure Mike can let you know the going rate for the carrot cake. :D

Yes, they have specialty coffee drinks and shake. Tracy had a Kahlua coffee on our Pride cruise.

Just to clarify: There are these coffee and dessert bars where you can buy specialty coffees and desserts. Desserts are available in the buffet areas and the main dining rooms with your meals with no extra charge, in case that was what you were asking.

FYI: If there is a statement which you want to quote from another thread or page, you can copy and paste and after highlighting it, click on the symbol above which looks like a page with the little point on the bottom corner. This will show what you have pasted as a quote. Hope this helps.:)

Mike, you do an amazing job with your reviews and this one is no exception! Don't know how you find the time as I know how involved and time consuming it is. Another job well done! Thanks for sharing all your photos.:):):)

Couldn't have phrased it any better -- much gratitude and applause for such an excellent review!! Thank you, again, Mike. Silver

Hi Mike, I do want to ask a question for my SIL who will be cruising with us. She has been told that jewelry shopping in Freeport is a big thing. She says she's been told she can get some really good deals and is really interested in finding a couple nice pieces. Do you know anything about this? I know most ports have all the usual jewelry stores, like Diamonds International and such, but is there anything special about jewelry shopping in Freeport?

Thanks again for such a great review!!

Lea

Hi Mike, I do want to ask a question for my SIL who will be cruising with us. She has been told that jewelry shopping in Freeport is a big thing. She says she's been told she can get some really good deals and is really interested in finding a couple nice pieces. Do you know anything about this? I know most ports have all the usual jewelry stores, like Diamonds International and such, but is there anything special about jewelry shopping in Freeport?

Thanks again for such a great review!!

Lea

I don't believe there is anything special about Freeport, maybe someone else who has done a lot of shopping in the Bahamas can comment further.

Mike, do you have your pictures and copies of menus and fun times on a website or anywhere where I could download them to show to my friend who will be cruising on the Pride with me in the fall. She is not very computer savvy, so the simpler I can make it, the better. I have loved reading your review, and your pictures are great. Good luck to you and Tracy and your family.