Allure of the Seas - May 8, 2011

RichardE954

We won't be on, but we were recently on the (infamous) Atlantis charter. Thouroughly enjoyed the ship and crew, and we would go on it again. The production shows (especially Chicago) are quite good, and that's coming from someone who sees a lot of Broadway shows.

We enjoyed the specialty dining options, and for dinner probably prefer 150 Central Park, Giovannis Table and Chops (in that order). We did not try Izumi (we thought their pricing model was out of line) and were not able to take advantage of the Chef's Table, but understand it is worth the surcharge. We loved Rita's Cantina and Johnny Rockets and pretty much alternated our lunches between these two restaurants (Rita's also make a very good "Perfect Patron" margarita, if you go for tequila). We were extremely disappointed in the Main Dining Room's food for the one dinner we had there and never went back. Literally, one dinner was the only meal we had there during the whole 7 days, it was that bad.

But as I said, overall we enjoyed the ship very much and would go back - even on a straight cruise! Hope you guys have fun.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Just recently joined this site and happy to see these roll calls even exist. My boyfriend and I will be on the May 8th Allure cruise and look forward to meeting you all. We live in Tampa and will be driving down to Fort Lauderdale the day before, any suggestions for hotels for the night?

Thanks,

Hi guys,

Just recently joined this site and happy to see these roll calls even exist. My boyfriend and I will be on the May 8th Allure cruise and look forward to meeting you all. We live in Tampa and will be driving down to Fort Lauderdale the day before, any suggestions for hotels for the night?

Thanks,

Hi David and Adam - My sister lives in Tarpon Springs, so we're over your area a couple times a year. There are lots of places to stay not far from the port. Try Springhill Suites, Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Holiday Inn Express or Days in. They all are right off of 95. If you want information on a specific area, let me know.

Hi All,

My partner (Annette) and I will be on this cruise along with our son. We are very happy to findout there will be other Family onboard this Mega ship.

Hope to catch up with all of you.

Liz and Annette and Alex

:)

Hi David and Adam - My sister lives in Tarpon Springs, so we're over your area a couple times a year. There are lots of places to stay not far from the port. Try Springhill Suites, Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Holiday Inn Express or Days in. They all are right off of 95. If you want information on a specific area, let me know.

Great, thanks for the information! I just looked over at the mix and mingle thread for this cruise and it's quite active! I don't know where to begin!

Hi all...we would love to meet up for a sail away and meet up with "family", especially as big as this ship is it would be nice to know we are not alone.

Let us know where to meet...

Liz, Annette and Alex;)

We booked all our side trips this weekend, doing the speed boats in Cozmel, the catermeran swim in Jamaica and just going to enjoy the island in Haiti, it seems that there is mostly beach to swim and they bring food off to do a picnic on the beach at no charge.

I have been looking at the news sheets from the Allure and have yet to find were they ever list a Friend of Dorthy meeting, does anyone know how to go about requesting they hold or schedule one? If not we can try to set our own for the first day at sea and see if we can recruit people to join us. Some people think we do that any way :)

We booked all our side trips this weekend, doing the speed boats in Cozmel, the catermeran swim in Jamaica and just going to enjoy the island in Haiti, it seems that there is mostly beach to swim and they bring food off to do a picnic on the beach at no charge.

I have been looking at the news sheets from the Allure and have yet to find were they ever list a Friend of Dorthy meeting, does anyone know how to go about requesting they hold or schedule one? If not we can try to set our own for the first day at sea and see if we can recruit people to join us. Some people think we do that any way :)

Hi just thought I'd help out even though I will be on the ship before you. There is a community message board located by guest relations. They have note cards on it. Look for one that says FOD or GLBT. You can write your own and place it on there with whatever place and time you want. To make it stand out place a rainbow or pride flag sticker on the card. I also wear a pride flag pin on my baseball cap so others will know to come over and say hi.

How about we all wear our mardi gras beads and meet at one of the pool bars for sailaway? We did that last year on Oasis and met lots of nice people. If anyone is interested, I'll look up the names of the bars up on the pool deck and pick one for us all to meet. Let me know! :)

Hi just thought I'd help out even though I will be on the ship before you. There is a community message board located by guest relations. They have note cards on it. Look for one that says FOD or GLBT. You can write your own and place it on there with whatever place and time you want. To make it stand out place a rainbow or pride flag sticker on the card. I also wear a pride flag pin on my baseball cap so others will know to come over and say hi.

This is correct, this is how they handled it on Oasis last year. I did find the times "they" picked were not very convenient and if someone takes the initiative to so some self-scheduling, it may work out better. Just remember to keep checking the board!

No real reason for the post other then we slipped off page one, so I wanted to get us back up top.

So all "family is meeting for sail away up at the Mast Bar. I have been given tons of beads but for the life of me cant find any around the house right now. I have to keep hunting.

Anyone have plans for Labadee? or know what the best beach is to hang out on? I see the close one is for suite guests so I wont be on that one.

Bill

See you at the Mast Bar! If you can't find your beads, head on over to Party Supermarket.

I too have been trying to find out where to settle on Labadee, but haven't been able to find out much except to head for the beaches furthest from the pier. Apparantly they have a shuttle if you don't want to walk. We'll have to get a map and designate one of the beaches the official "family" beach. And by "family" I don't mean FAMILY!! :D

Archived