Allure of the Seas - May 8, 2011

RichardE954

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

My partner David and I will be on Allure with you all. We booked back in Feb or March and are really excited to go on Allure. This will be our 14th cruise with RCCL and we just need 1 more to be Diamond Plus so very much looking forward to it. We were on Oasis for her Inaugural Voyage in December 2009 and that was a very awesome experience. Had hoped to be on Allure in December for hers but as it turned out we were on Voyager for a different cruise! :)

We live in Katy TX outside of Houston. Flying in the night before and staying at the Hilton. Regarding the excursions, we haven't booked anything because we have been to all of these ports before and decided to just go with whatever "moved" us when we get there. I will tell you though, that for any of you that are thrill seekers - in Labadee, if you haven't done the Dragon's Breath Zip Line, it is AMAZING. It is like nothing I have ever experienced in my life. We may end up doing that again. It is a mile long zip line that takes you over the water, and it is absolutely the most amazing thing I've ever done, to be out over that beautiful water, with the air and sun beating down on you and watching the pretty sky and water and (in my case men) in the water below :) It is WELL worth the money.

Royal Caribbean has spent a TON of money in Labadee and over the past 6 times that we have gone there it has become a great little resort island from 2006 when it literally was nothing but sand on an island to now when there is a lot to do and the beaches there are awesome.

See you all soon!

Hi Ryan and David, looking forward to meeting you! Have you also visited our Allure sailing page on Facebook? We also have no excursions planned other than going to Nachi Cocum in Cozumel for the day.

We were in Cozumel in December on Voyager. We always eat at Pancho's Backyard. Love it there - kind of our tradition. Have not heard of Nachi Cocum. What is it like? We went to Playa Mia in December and it was very nice. I imagine we will stay on ship in Jamaica. I don't spend money in Jamaica since they don't want my money - I don't give it to them. :mad: Plus i would rather explore the ship when everyone else is off of it anyway :D And Labadee ROCKS. It's honestly one of my favorite places to be. (in the Caribbean anyway - Europe is a whole other story!)

Ryan

Welcome again Ryan, love the idea of labadee but have to say this Bear isnt getting on no zip line, I would hate to embares myself by screaming like a little girl as I was riding it down.

I will be happy finding a beach and a chair and doing some swiming in the ocean.

We have the speed boats reserved in Cozmel, but loving the idea of just going out to eat, but too late to change that now I guess.

Week from Saturday the fun begins, but I think I have Duane talked into coming down on Friday so we can start the fun early.

Bill

That zipline sounds awesome, Adam and I did some ziplines in Saint Lucia last December and loved it. We're definitely planning on doing the zipline on board Allure as well and may do the Labadee one!

We'll be getting into Fort Lauderdale on Friday and ready to start vacation!

If anyone is interested in meeting Saturday night at one of the gay bars in Wilton Manors for drinks, let me know and I'll organize it. We could meet around 7:00 and then everyone could go their own way for dinner and you young-uns can hit the late night bars.

If anyone is interested in meeting Saturday night at one of the gay bars in Wilton Manors for drinks, let me know and I'll organize it. We could meet around 7:00 and then everyone could go their own way for dinner and you young-uns can hit the late night bars.

Sure wish we were coming in a day before, have fun without us. Sure glad to have so much family on the cruise. See all of you in 9 days.

Liz, Annette and Alex

Sounds fun but we don't arrive until later afternoon and we are meeting friends for dinner in Ft. Lauderdale that night. :( Thanks for the invite though!

If you're are going to be in Fort Lauderdale on Saturday, you can always go watch the Oasis set sail around 5:00. A good place to watch is on Fort Lauderdale Beach (the far south end) or from the bridge on 17th Street Causeway.

Archived