Would you sail on the Splendor right now?

gargoyle999

Yes, going in May....HOWEVER, having said that, I wouldn't want to be on the first cruise this sunday, not from a safety viewpoint, but from a "working the bugs" out. If you have been reading Healds Blog/Facebook there are little things they've been catching as they gear up to go back into service, like replacing all of the remote tv batteries or the lights on the life vest's etc. It's the little things like that which are usually worked out after a cruise or two before she will be settled in and firing on all cylinders. I'm interested to read reviews of the first couple of cruises to see how well Carnival thought ahead about some of these things. No one company/person can think of everything so I'm sure it will be interesting to see what was "forgotten". But like I said, from a safety standpoint, I wouldn't have a worry at all..........

Yes, going in May....HOWEVER, having said that, I wouldn't want to be on the first cruise this sunday, not from a safety viewpoint, but from a "working the bugs" out. If you have been reading Healds Blog/Facebook there are little things they've been catching as they gear up to go back into service, like replacing all of the remote tv batteries or the lights on the life vest's etc. It's the little things like that which are usually worked out after a cruise or two before she will be settled in and firing on all cylinders. I'm interested to read reviews of the first couple of cruises to see how well Carnival thought ahead about some of these things. No one company/person can think of everything so I'm sure it will be interesting to see what was "forgotten". But like I said, from a safety standpoint, I wouldn't have a worry at all..........

Oh, I think I would gamble and take that first cruise, if I didn't live in FL. Based on what John has posted in his blog and on FB, I would think anything that might happen would be so minor as to border on getting towards a bit of inside baseball. And, if something more than insignificant happened, it could lead to a nice OBC or FCC. I don't know that I would fly across the country to be on that cruise, but if I lived near the port, maybe then it could be a nice adventure.

We've been booked on the 2/20 sailing since October, so I never got bumped. I've been biting my nails down to the nubs over the last month or so worrying, but it looks great now.

As for working out the "bugs"? My guess is that we (the 2/20 folks) will be ROYAL ass kissing service... no way that Carnival wants the publicity of having their 1st cruise screwed up with unhappy passengers after all this.

Yeah, they've replaced batteries and life-vest lights... big deal, I don't plan on watching any TV... The coast guard has been picking that ship over with a fine tooth comb and making them pass every test. And the current crew (1200+) seems to be eating very well...

I'm not concerned at all once I'm on board. About 50% of the current crew was on back in November, so it's not like they're rookies. Then again I don't expect perfection... I'm not going to nit-pick little things.

Yes~ Booked for next January :) I am sure that Carnival will be on top of every little thing, as much as possible, in an effort to avoid creating any further negativity about both Carnival and/or the Splendor!

Even though we don't sail on the Splendor for nearly another year, we are looking forward to reading all of the detailed reviews from upcoming passengers! HINT ~ HINT ~ HINT :)

Hope all of you Splendor cruisers have a wonderful time... can't wait to hear the details!

As for working out the "bugs"? My guess is that we (the 2/20 folks) will be ROYAL ass kissing service... no way that Carnival wants the publicity of having their 1st cruise screwed up with unhappy passengers after all this.

Yeah, they've replaced batteries and life-vest lights... big deal, I don't plan on watching any TV... The coast guard has been picking that ship over with a fine tooth comb and making them pass every test. And the current crew (1200+) seems to be eating very well...

I totally agree.

Yes~ Booked for next January :) I am sure that Carnival will be on top of every little thing, as much as possible, in an effort to avoid creating any further negativity about both Carnival and/or the Splendor!

Even though we don't sail on the Splendor for nearly another year, we are looking forward to reading all of the detailed reviews from upcoming passengers! HINT ~ HINT ~ HINT :)

Hope all of you Splendor cruisers have a wonderful time... can't wait to hear the details!

We also booked for Jan 29th on the Splendor. First timers for Carnival and can't wait. I'm with cuitie pie tell us all the details!!!

Archived