How can I confirm ship time versus Cozumel Time?

We're booking a private island tour with Island Marketing in Cozumel and I'm trying to confirm ship time on the Allure of the Seas versus Cozumel local time. The tour operator is confirming us using Cozumel time. Our cruise itinerary says we get in at 8:00 a.m.-I'm guessing that's ship time? So, anyone know what time it will be in Cozumel when we arrive? Thanks!

Yes, that is ship's time (eastern) that the ship arrives. Most cruise operators are aware of this and usually state their time in shiptime, it is one hour earlier there in Cozumel, but since this is a private operator, why not drop them an email message as assurance?

We're booking a private island tour with Island Marketing in Cozumel and I'm trying to confirm ship time on the Allure of the Seas versus Cozumel local time. The tour operator is confirming us using Cozumel time. Our cruise itinerary says we get in at 8:00 a.m.-I'm guessing that's ship time? So, anyone know what time it will be in Cozumel when we arrive? Thanks!

I will be on this sailing with you. Not to confuse you anymore but daylight savings time starts in the USA on the day we leave, April 13. Be sure to set the time ahead Saturday the 12 so you don't miss your flight or the ship

Mexico will then be two hours behind the USA. They do not start DLST until April 4.

I believe you will see the time on the ship go back 1 hour during our cruise because of this. The last two times we have been there the same thing happened and they went back on hour on the ship.

So to sum it up if the ship goes back 1 hour we will be 1 hour ahead of Cozumel. 8am ship time will be 7am in Cozumel. IF THEY DO NOT go back 1 hour on the ship it will be 6am there. I will be very surprised if the ship does not go back one hour.

Further more Haiti does not do DLST so they to will be one hour behind us on the ship starting April 13

My guess is that they will change the time On the first see day back one hour. Then we get to Haiti at regular time for that location and will be 1 hour behind mexico as it usually is, or they will do it the evening we leave Haiti to get us 1 hour behind Mexico, but that is all up to the Captain.

I will be on this sailing with you. Not to confuse you anymore but daylight savings time starts in the USA on the day we leave, April 13. Be sure to set the time ahead Saturday the 12 so you don't miss your flight or the ship

Mexico will then be two hours behind the USA. They do not start DLST until April 4.

I believe you will see the time on the ship go back 1 hour during our cruise because of this. The last two times we have been there the same thing happened and they went back on hour on the ship.

So to sum it up if the ship goes back 1 hour we will be 1 hour ahead of Cozumel. 8am ship time will be 7am in Cozumel. IF THEY DO NOT go back 1 hour on the ship it will be 6am there. I will be very surprised if the ship does not go back one hour.

Further more Haiti does not do DLST so they to will be one hour behind us on the ship starting April 13

My guess is that they will change the time On the first see day back one hour. Then we get to Haiti at regular time for that location and will be 1 hour behind mexico as it usually is, or they will do it the evening we leave Haiti to get us 1 hour behind Mexico, but that is all up to the Captain.

Thanks so much for this info!! I am on the Allure March 13th sailing as well. I have been wondering how the whole daylight savings time thing was going to work. I will be crossing my fingers that the ship will go back an hour so we will be behind by only an hour when we reach Mexico.

Archived