How do you know if an aft balcony is a wrap?

ohitssunshine

On the conquest class (Glory, Freedom,Conquest, Liberty, Valor and Splendor) ships they are listed as 9C's, on the spirit class (Pride, Miracle, Spirit, and Legend) they are Vista Suites. Destiny Class (Destiny, Triumph and Victory)they are also 9C's as is the Dream .

I'm sure it is better than being on the side of the ship. At least you can always watch sunrise/sunset from Aft.

Now I need to make a Tshirt that says "Kiss My Aft"

Sure, I could see that, everything being equal. But it isn't equal, because they usually want a decent chunk more $ for the aft balconies.....Wasn't worth it, to us at least.

Am I missing something, but I don't see any listed. Are there certain ships with them and without?

They are on the back corners of the ship, also known as 9C's, also known as premium vista balcony. I don't believe they are on the fantasy class.

Aft wraps are very popular now. I'm not surprised they were snatched up so fast. We have booked one the past couple of cruises, but last year on the Miracle we had to cut down a bit on expenses, so we booked a regular balcony instead. We were always in cabin 8268 on the Miracle (in 2008) and the Spirit. Love the seperate rooms! It was really hard to give that cabin up! :( We were in one "regular" aft balcony and I wasn't impressed either. If I can't have that awesome aft wrap, I want a balcony on the side of the ship. But that's just me!! :cool:

The 'regular' aft balconies are nothing special, IMO, unless you have a thing for watching wake....

they usually want a decent chunk more $ for the aft balconies.....Wasn't worth it, to us at least.

I agree. Just had our first aft balcony (Triumph Empress deck) and don't plan on booking another one. We usually cruise with my DB and SIL and like to have the balcony divider open to have one long balcony. Didn't have that same feeling with the aft divider open. Wasted space underneath the glass sloped toward the ship. Oh well, to each his own!

I agree. Just had our first aft balcony (Triumph Empress deck) and don't plan on booking another one. We usually cruise with my DB and SIL and like to have the balcony divider open to have one long balcony. Didn't have that same feeling with the aft divider open. Wasted space underneath the glass sloped toward the ship. Oh well, to each his own!

What cabin did you have We are the triumph in a couple of weeks and have an aft on empress. Any pics?

What cabin did you have We are the triumph in a couple of weeks and have an aft on empress. Any pics?

we had 7426. If you've had a regular balcony cabin, the cabin seemed to be the same size and layout. Have to say though, our cabin steward Sue and his assistant Yan were outstanding!!!

(May take a day or two to upload pics.)

To the OP, sorry, just realized the thread has now been hijacked. As others have said, the deck plans will show which cabins are the aft wraps for the ship you're looking at.

Edited by habby

Well we did it...we booked an aft wrap. When I went back in a few minutes later the room I wanted was available. Anyone have pics of E238 on the Sensation? We booked it for a quickie 3 day cruise so we can test it out. First balcony so we shall see! Thanks for all your help guys!

we had 7426. If you've had a regular balcony cabin, the cabin seemed to be the same size and layout. Have to say though, our cabin steward Sue and his assistant Yan were outstanding!!!

(May take a day or two to upload pics.)

To the OP, sorry, just realized the thread has now been hijacked. As others have said, the deck plans will show which cabins are the aft wraps for the ship you're looking at.

I apoligize If i hijacked this thread.

ok good deal just wondering cause we are in 7430

Well we did it...we booked an aft wrap. When I went back in a few minutes later the room I wanted was available. Anyone have pics of E238 on the Sensation? We booked it for a quickie 3 day cruise so we can test it out. First balcony so we shall see! Thanks for all your help guys!

Good for you! You'll love it.

Ya, I hate the weird slope of the glass as well, made me feel like I was being pushed back and couldn't look over the side as much. And honestly, I much rather look over the side and see us going someplace than just stare at the wake trail, but of course to each their own. The WRAPS on the other hand, are just awesome.

Glad things worked out. Congrats!!! I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

There's a website somewhere that people are posting actual photos of cabins, but of course now I can't find it:mad:

OP, I just checked the deck plans for the Sensation and I **don't think** E238 is an aft wrap balcony....looks like the aft part of the balcony might be wasted space or public space or something??? I could be totally wrong. Maybe someone else will know, but sure looks like you just have a regular balcony but the last one on the side before the aft. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

We paid the extra $$ for a premium vista balcony on the Glory and LOVED LOVED LOVED it! Aside from the amazing balcony, the room was larger, huge windows so bright and sunny. Had our DS, DIL and darling toddler grandbaby along, in an interior across the hall. First thing every morning, the cute toddler ran over to our cabin and straight to the door so he could play on the balcony. It was well worth the extra $$.

As for the aft balconies? Looking at those next to us, nothing special, would definitely NOT pay extra.

If money is an issue, you can sometimes snag an extended balcony if you start looking early enough. These are the same price as a regular balcony, but because they are next to the crew stairwells, the balcony is twice as long as a regular balcony. We did this on the Destiny and loved it. Just look at the deck plans to see which cabins these are. I think they are all aft, the two cabins next to the premium vista balconies...

• 3 years later...

Reading through this post I saw that 2 of you had booked cabins 7426 & 7430. I'm thinking of booking either of those, but I can't find out if there was a couch in the cabins. Weddingmooners13 & Habby, do you remember if there was a couch and coffee table in your cabin?

This room is not an aft wrap, it's just a regular balcony and the furthest aft cabin on the ship.

Enjoy your balcony regardless. :cool:

We paid the extra $$ for a premium vista balcony on the Glory and LOVED LOVED LOVED it! Aside from the amazing balcony, the room was larger, huge windows so bright and sunny. Had our DS, DIL and darling toddler grandbaby along, in an interior across the hall. First thing every morning, the cute toddler ran over to our cabin and straight to the door so he could play on the balcony. It was well worth the extra $$.

As for the aft balconies? Looking at those next to us, nothing special, would definitely NOT pay extra.

If money is an issue, you can sometimes snag an extended balcony if you start looking early enough. These are the same price as a regular balcony, but because they are next to the crew stairwells, the balcony is twice as long as a regular balcony. We did this on the Destiny and loved it. Just look at the deck plans to see which cabins these are. I think they are all aft, the two cabins next to the premium vista balconies...

Buaha I got greedy and snagged the extended balcony and aft wrap on the Valor when I saw there was no single supplement.

My wife and I now have 2 rooms both with large balconies for 500 dollars cheaper than both of us booking the aft wrap together. Plus each room has 100 OBC with it.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk