Conrad $96 or IC $109

afcj1

Can anyone lend me a hand in the decision making of which hotel to choose?

As you can see, both are close in price. I'll be taking SAS to the hotel, so that's not a concern. I'd be more concerned with what there is to do near each, within walking distance and the cost to the Port.

For chuckles, I'm currently booked at Motel Blu through LMT, that I'll either cancel or see if they'll move the $$ to one of these hotels.

Thanks all:)

For the difference of only $13.00 that would be a no brainer to me. The IC all the way. You are near Bayside, a short walk to some nicer restaurants downtown Miami (like Putino's ... an Italian restaurant), and a $9.00 trip (plus tip) to the POM. We've stayed at the IC twice now and would not hesitate to go back!!

Can anyone lend me a hand in the decision making of which hotel to choose?

As you can see, both are close in price. I'll be taking SAS to the hotel, so that's not a concern. I'd be more concerned with what there is to do near each, within walking distance and the cost to the Port.

For chuckles, I'm currently booked at Motel Blu through LMT, that I'll either cancel or see if they'll move the $$ to one of these hotels.

Thanks all:)

In case you don't know LMT charges a $25 cancellation fee. I tried to "move" the hotel I had booked with them to another and they wouldn't let me....said I had to cancel and then start all over again and rebook.

LMT allowed me to cancel and didn't charge me the $25 fee because they said I was outside the hotel's cancellation policy. Maybe I just lucked out?

Both hotels are nice, but IC is a much better area as far as walking, dining, distance to port, etc.

And I agree with my Canadian friend....Puntino's is outstanding! We were just there last week with a large group (20 in our group) and they could not have been more accommodating and the food was authentic Italian. Prices were very good too. It's less than a 5 minute walk (about a block away) from IC. We had lunch there twice last week, as well as dinner one nightl

LMT allowed me to cancel and didn't charge me the $25 fee because they said I was outside the hotel's cancellation policy. Maybe I just lucked out?

Both hotels are nice, but IC is a much better area as far as walking, dining, distance to port, etc.

And I agree with my Canadian friend....Puntino's is outstanding! We were just there last week with a large group (20 in our group) and they could not have been more accommodating and the food was authentic Italian. Prices were very good too. It's less than a 5 minute walk (about a block away) from IC. We had lunch there twice last week, as well as dinner one nightl

How does a person get to be outside the hotel's cancellation policy? I just want to know for next time.

Archived