Princess Cay:skydiving experience

Gypsyfeet

Hi all

This is our first Princess cruise and they offer an activity on their private island that I have never seen before. It's described as a "skydiving experience", without the jumping out of a plane! Evidently it's a verticle wind tunnel that gives you the sensation of flying/free-falling.

This sounds like great fun and we were wondering if any of you have tried it? Is it a real "rush" or a total waste of $$?? Any advice?

Thanks a lot!

i just read about this option as well. this indoor skydiving is getting a bit more popular these days at least in CA. if the cost is between $75 and $100 for an experience, then it's worth it. anything more than that and it's over priced... i haven't done it yet, but it's on my 'list'... it's supposed to be a lot of fun, without the jumping out of a real plane part :).

We haven't done the indoor skydiving on Princess Key, but we have done it here in Arizona. It was a blast and we'd do it again in a heartbeat. If the Princess key set up is anything close to the one here in AZ, it's as close as you can get to skydiving without jumping out of a plane!

We haven't done the indoor skydiving on Princess Key, but we have done it here in Arizona. It was a blast and we'd do it again in a heartbeat. If the Princess key set up is anything close to the one here in AZ, it's as close as you can get to skydiving without jumping out of a plane!

Thanks for the confirmation! I'm signing up immediately! Can't wait!!!

Haven't told my kids yet though......they'll think I've gone mad!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

you will love it .but when done you will grow to hate the constant whining of the motor as you try to enjoy the tranquilaty of a private island.it is heard over everything you try to do on island.

Having skydived before I can't imagine getting an adrenaline rush out of the vertical wind tunnel but I guess if you have never experienced the adrenaline rush skydiving then it might do. I'm assuming they sell pictures of you since everything is a money making adventure so here's a tip. Keep your mouth shut because when the air gets in your mouth it makes you look like a mutant chipmunk. Of course it's hard to smile with your mouth shut but you'll see what I mean.

Archived