A few newbie questions

ollychelle

I have thought of a few more CCL newbie questions if anyone would like to answer, I would appreciate it.

1. We plan on carrying on soda, but if we board the ship at noonish-what time are staterooms available? I assume I can pack the soda in a roller bag to carry on so it is easier to lug around until then.

2. How much are the Drink of the Days? I have seen the alcohol cost list, but I didn't see a price for them? Then whatever the price is, an additional 15% will be added onto our card as well?

3. Tell me one thing you have learned about CCL that you wish you would have known at the beginning of your cruise.

4. Can you book another crusie while onboard for a discounted rate?

From what I remember from our previous 2 Carnival cruises, and from what I remember reading on this board, the rooms should be ready at 1:30. We also took a small, "kid-size" rolling suitcase filled with water and soda. When we went to the Lido for lunch, I just found a table, and sat there with the rolly suitcase, while my hubby and teen daughter went to the buffet and got lunch and drinks. It wasn't too big of a deal, but I was glad to get rid of it at 1:30 and go explore the ship un-tethered.

Have a great time!

Pomcoach

So it is probably better to just book later with early saver specials. Just curious.

You can still book the early saver rate at the future cruise desk, the advantage like Fire said is that you get an OBC when you take the cruise.

I've only done this one time, because usually my cruises are booked way far in advance, but it was nice I booked a 7 day on the Conquest at the ES rate and got a $100 OBC, plus a certificate if I got someone else to book a cabin on the same cruise they got an OBC too.........we didn't end up giving away the certificate, but the OBC was nice.

Oh thank you for clarifying, I didn't understand it was still an early savings rate. If you have to change your cruising date later is that allowed or do you loose the OBC?

The FCCs are fully refundable. I think if you paid the $50 pp fee to change dates (you mentioned ES rate) and rebooked in one step it could be transferred. You wouldnt lose the $100 you pay for the FCCs...and a good TA or PVP can transfer the booking and OBC to another date... assuming you arent doing anything else but changing the date.

As I explained above...booking is as usual..nothing is different other than you get onboard credit.

3. Tell me one thing you have learned about CCL that you wish you would have known at the beginning of your cruise.

Oh geez, so many things!! Hmmm...the back panel of your daily schedule of activities is perforated. You can just tear off that part instead of carrying the whole big thing with you.

You can check out the main dining room's menu in advance. It is posted on the wall right by the entrance. Sometimes we choose to skip a meal there, based on what's being served.

You can find great tours (and at great prices) through private companies. You don't have to book through Carnival.

I like to eat lunch as soon as I board the ship. If you look around the ship first, and wait to eat, the lines will be much longer and tables will be harder to get in certain areas.

I'm sure I'll think of more soon. :)

Try to handle any business right when you get on the ship to avoid long lines later, like booking excursions, buying soda card, putting cash on your account, changing your dinning, etc...

FYI, if you buy drinks or soda cards while still in port, you will pay sales tax.

Archived