Cayenas Del Mar

new2cruising72

Has anyone ever booked this day trip from their stop in Samana, DR? I had thought there was only one hotel in the Samana village but apparently this is a beach club that you can get a day pass to once you are tendered over to the port.

Didn't go for the day pass but spent about an hour on this private beach back in December 24th 2010 (at the end of a cruise ship excursion).

See some pictures from that expertience (starting # 581 to 716):

http://2010holidaycruisemercury.shutterfly.com/pictures/3039

Had a good time and can only hope you'll enjoy it too!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

SteveLT and/or Daliflor,

We're considering this beach club for our day in Samana. I'm a little concerned about it, because the beach looks so small in the pictures on their website. It looks like 100 beach chairs placed side-by-side, in four rows, on 200 feet of beach!

Is it really that tight, or is there more room than meets the eye?

Thanks!

I would try casadoradoDR.com

SteveLT and/or Daliflor,

We're considering this beach club for our day in Samana. I'm a little concerned about it, because the beach looks so small in the pictures on their website. It looks like 100 beach chairs placed side-by-side, in four rows, on 200 feet of beach!

Thanks!

I, too, am looking at getting a day pass to Cayenas del Mar for our January 2013 cruise. New2cruising72, did you do this? How far must you travel by speed boat? Are there umbrellas or palapas for shade?

Thank you to anyone who could give me information.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
SteveLT and/or Daliflor,

Thanks!

47a1df36b3127cce98549fe0c7ff00000065100Abs2rls5csmfA

Yes, indeed! It is pretty small and laid back, as I recall!

47a1df36b3127cce98549fef46c000000065100Abs2rls5csmfA

Thanks for the pictures of Cayenas del Mar, Dalifor. I was wondering if there were umbrellas for shade and from your pictures it looks as if they are available. I think we will get a day pass for our stop in Samana. We have already been to Los Haitises.

Very few (from the beach-bar next doo)r!

47a1df36b3127cce98549fe2c7fd00000065100Abs2rls5csmfA

• 1 month later...

Thanks! Those reviews are from 2011 and 2012. I was wondering if anyone has been there a little more recently? By the way I did get a response from them yesterday.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, we are on the NCL Gem on 3/22/13 and one of ourvstops is Samana, I contacted Cayenas del Mar and she replied quickly with pricing, but I wasntold that they only teavel by bus to the beach club and no longer by boat because of security reasons, does anyone knowmwhat type of security problem there could be, should we be concerned?

Thanks

Jennifer

Thanks! Those reviews are from 2011 and 2012. I was wondering if anyone has been there a little more recently? By the way I did get a response from them yesterday.

Two very recent reviews are pretty negative, actually one of them is very negative. I"m gonna pass on this place. Don't like the greenish colored water either, just me i guess.

Two very recent reviews are pretty negative, actually one of them is very negative. I"m gonna pass on this place. Don't like the greenish colored water either, just me i guess.

I booked it and actually there is another group from our meet and mingle going with us as well, so that's good. I just checked the negative reviews and at least one mentions really good food lol!

I'm going to do a really good review here with pictures when I get back on the 5th. I bought the day pass $16 per person for round trip transport, beach chair and two drink tickets so that's not bad. I'll be honest :)

I booked it and actually there is another group from our meet and mingle going with us as well, so that's good. I just checked the negative reviews and at least one mentions really good food lol!

I'm going to do a really good review here with pictures when I get back on the 5th. I bought the day pass $16 per person for round trip transport, beach chair and two drink tickets so that's not bad. I'll be honest :)

Looking forward to your review. We leave on March 22nd and booked the day pass which includes everything you are getting plus lunch! If it is really horrible I will still have time to cancel.:p

Just returned from our cruise and we went to Cayenas Del Mar. It was beautiful, clean, and the employees were friendly. There is a language barrier though, the gentleman who rode with us to the resort had to interpret for the office staff when we paid. I just read a negative review on Trip Advisor and I don’t know where that guy went but it certainly wasn’t this place. We had a group of 12 and had the place to ourselves for almost 3 hours. They were waiting for us when we arrived at the dock and we drove in the back of a truck for the 10 minute ride to the club. The area is very impoverished and the gentleman who rode with us gave us some history and pointed out some interesting things. The place was spotless, beach had just been raked, the bathrooms were very clean, the area where you eat was beautiful and a nice place to escape the sun and heat. All of the employees were friendly, of course they will try to sell you massages and cigars but everywhere you go in the Caribbean they try to sell you stuff. I would go back there in a heartbeat. Everyone in our group was happy and even thanked me for finding it. You can see Cayo Levantado from the beach as well as your cruise ship. It is amazing what the cruise lines charge to take you on a 5 minute boat ride. As far as food goes, it was tasty but if you order the club sandwich don’t expect a triple decker. There was a slice of ham, a slice of chicken breast deli meat a slice of cheese, bacon and some kind of red pepper sauce that was very good, sandwich came with fries. My youngest didn’t like the chicken fingers, and seeing as that is what he had for dinner all 9 nights of the cruise, I would take his word for it. I highly recommend Cayenas Del Mar, you won’t be disappointed. I will post some pictures from home tonight.

Were you there on a weekend? I was looking at their website and the menu made it look like they only had food on the weekends or maybe they just have a limited menu during the week?

Thanks.

Cindy

We were there on a Thursday, I was confused myself by the wording on their website. They have food available every day. Great spot and very affordable compared to Royal Caribbean excursions to the other beaches. For my family of 5 it was $60 for the day passes which included transportation and free drink tickets. If we went to Cayo Levantado through the ship it would have been $218.

We were there on a Thursday, I was confused myself by the wording on their website. They have food available every day. Great spot and very affordable compared to Royal Caribbean excursions to the other beaches. For my family of 5 it was $60 for the day passes which included transportation and free drink tickets. If we went to Cayo Levantado through the ship it would have been $218.

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the information. I'm leaning towards going to Cayenas del Mar. While I would LOVE to go to Playa Rincon, I'm always a little nervous when I take a boat to get somewhere far from the ship by myself. I'm reading that you have to drive about 30 minutes and then take a 15 minute boat ride to the beach. You just never know when the boat might break down leaving you stranded and not able to get back to the ship. In St. Thomas we almost always take the ferry over to St. John by ourselves and I always worry then, too, but I guess I've just gotten used to it. I'm in the middle of making the decision if we're going to do that again this year as well.

Cindy

Hello everyone! I'm back! This was such a wonderful place with wonderful people! I recommend it to everyone. To the person that said the water looked green - it did look like lake water from afar but it was crystal clear - I could see all the way out clear to the bottom! I have a ton of pictures of it. The food was really awesome and cheap and they accepted the 15% off food discount coupons you can get on their website. There was a slight language barrier and I didn't know if I'd get what I ordered, lol but I did. Also the bartender was from NJ! Small world!

I'll do a proper review complete with pictures and a video of the ride there (holy scary! Lol - but wild and fun!) when I get home! :D

Archived