Belize

good news about Belize

this is right from John Heald's face book

news on Belize. we have now signed a new contract with the tender operators which includes some new big catamaran tenders. This will take a while to come into play but for the most part the ships should be back to normal calls. The Carnival Legend is there on the ports busiest day and there still will be a few calls ah...ead that will involve that ship calling elsewhere. Good news.See More

I am going to there in a week we are leaving NOLA on the 26th, I just hope the issue is fixed by then. I am looking forward to cave tubing.

We are going to be the only Carnival ship in port that day so it should not be a problem. Only on days when 2 or more Carnival ships are scheduled has it been an issue. I feel pretty certain that we will make it in OK. Positve attitude. We are going to make it to Belize and enjoy our day cave tubing and for me ATV ride also.

ok im confused.. according to my records we port belize not tender im on the carnival valor leaving march 6th

We most certainly tender; not only is Belize surrounded by reefs but this whole controversy has been over the tender costs per person.

So if I read it right, all ships are fine except Legend because it's there on the busiest day and may call on other islands. May not help my 4/3 trip still.

"We are going to be the only Carnival ship in port that day so it should not be a problem. Only on days when 2 or more Carnival ships are scheduled has it been an issue."

AWCHIEF

And this is what makes trying to determine if we're stopping in Belize next week or going elsewhere an exercise in futility. We are scheduled into Belize next Thursday and my itinerary on Carnival still shows the Legend stopping in Belize. Yet on the same day, Valor will also be in port as will a Norwegian ship. If Legend may call on other islands due to the fact there would otherwise be two Carnival ships next Thursday, then why is my itinerary still showing Belize? I've e-mailed Carnival, trying to get a firm answer from them, but all I get is a political type response. In other words, who knows?

Archived