Will 6:45 MTD work for shows? Monarch

cj'smom

Signed up for My Time Dining when I booked an upcoming 4 nighter on the Monarch. Thought it would give nice flexibility to just show up when we felt like it each night BUT after reading so many reports of people turned away from the dining room and told to come back at 8:30, I went ahead and made a fixed reservation time.

We have a party of 4, 6:45 time all 4 nights, willing to be at a table with others (and enjoy meeting new folks). We really like to go to all the shows onboard. Will a 6:45 reservation allow us to have a nice dinner and still be able to catch the shows? Haven't seen the Compasses for this cruise so not sure what time the shows usually are. I don't want to have to rush through dinner and could change to a little earlier time if needed. Also, not certain what time the usual early regular seating on the Monarch is.

For those that have done MTD this way, did you have the same table, servers and table companions each night? I know I can always change my reservation time each day or eat at the buffet but we enjoy the experience of eating in a restaurant atmosphere and being waited on. Thanks for any advice on this.

Archived