Rockley Beach (Accra) or Carlisle Beach

amistad

Is the Rockway beach near the Hilton? Could you go to the beach then walk to the Hilton to get a cab back?

Do you mean Rockley Beach?

Rockley is about 2 miles or so south of the Hilton. There is a boardwalk that runs from the north end of Accra (which is just north of Rockley on the same stretch of sand) about halfway to the Hilton.

You may want to catch a cab or bus part of the way... Buses are cheap and plentiful along Hwy.7 south of Bridgetown. You'll never have to wait more than a couple of minutes. Tell the driver where you want to get off. For extra excitement, try and catch a white ZR... :)

Can anyone tell me if the beach at Rockley has a rocky strip that one has to cross to get into the ocean? Rocks or shells, I mean....between the soft beach sand and the soft ocean floor. DH has a balance issue and does better if it's fairly soft under his feet. Also, is there much of a "drop" getting into the water vs a gentle slope? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Can anyone tell me if the beach at Rockley has a rocky strip that one has to cross to get into the ocean? Rocks or shells, I mean....between the soft beach sand and the soft ocean floor. DH has a balance issue and does better if it's fairly soft under his feet. Also, is there much of a "drop" getting into the water vs a gentle slope? Thanks for any info you can provide.

It is soft getting into the ocean and a gradual slope. You will not have any problems.

Good info. Looking for a beach location close to port for our trip in March. Looking at the photos I noticed boogie boards for rent. Does anyone know if there are surfboard for rent as well? Was thinking about going further south to Zed's (surfers point) but if I can find a location closer I would consider it.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

So it sounds like Carlisle's is the most touristy and crowded, with Rockley's a close second? Is there a 3rd beach that has some amentities but is not too overcrowded and over-commercialized? What I am looking for is a beach chair, optional shade, soft sand, medium-sized waves that I can splash around in (and restrooms!). Does it exist in Barbados?

Archived