Cabin Categories

TwoWeebles

I am on the CCL website and I am confused about the different cabin categories. I can see pictures of the different categories, but I see no descriptions explaining what the differences are. For example, what is the difference between a Cove Balcony, a Balcony, a Balcony 9A, etc. Is there something on the website I am missing? If not, can someone explain the differences to me? THANKS!

For the most part (especially interior) your categories are based on the deck you are on. With only a few exceptions a cabin is a cabin.

It sounds like you are looking at the Dream. A cove balcony is down on the bottom of the ship and has a different balcony set up which is more private. A traditional balcony is higher up on the ship and has a "standard" balcony. You can also get into "extended balconies" which are on the back of the ship.

You can use other sites like cruise deck plans dot com to get a better idea of some of the differences. I prefer some place like travelocity because the interface is a little easier.

Some of the differences in categories are simply the cabin's location on the ship - in general upper levels as well as cabins in the middle of the ship tend to be more expensive, I think.

As for other categories, take a look at the deck plans to see what the specific rooms' layouts are. Some, especially at the fore or aft corners, are larger, have bigger balconies, etc. We had an extended balcony on our last cruise, same price as a regular balcony cabin, but with twice the balcony, lengthwise. The deck plan maps on the Carnival site are color coded, so you can tell at a glance what category you're looking at.

Hope this helps...

For the most part (especially interior) your categories are based on the deck you are on. With only a few exceptions a cabin is a cabin.

It sounds like you are looking at the Dream. A cove balcony is down on the bottom of the ship and has a different balcony set up which is more private. A traditional balcony is higher up on the ship and has a "standard" balcony. You can also get into "extended balconies" which are on the back of the ship.

You can use other sites like cruise deck plans dot com to get a better idea of some of the differences. I prefer some place like travelocity because the interface is a little easier.

Thanks, this is very helpful. I notice that the balcony rooms themselves are smaller than the ocean view. I think my husband would prefer a balcony, where as I would rather have more room in the cabin itself. Hmmmmm.

Some of the differences in categories are simply the cabin's location on the ship - in general upper levels as well as cabins in the middle of the ship tend to be more expensive, I think.

As for other categories, take a look at the deck plans to see what the specific rooms' layouts are. Some, especially at the fore or aft corners, are larger, have bigger balconies, etc. We had an extended balcony on our last cruise, same price as a regular balcony cabin, but with twice the balcony, lengthwise. The deck plan maps on the Carnival site are color coded, so you can tell at a glance what category you're looking at.

Hope this helps...

Thanks for the response. I can't seem to get a deck plan to come up on the site for the Dream. ????

Thanks for the response. I can't seem to get a deck plan to come up on the site for the Dream. ????

Did you try cruise deck plans dot com? If not, try it (just type the first three words together - no spaces followed by a period and com all together.)

When page opens, go to the top, click on Carnival, then click on Carnival Dream. Then choose a deck. The deck will be displayed on the left part of the screen and cabin categories, keys, etc. will be on the right.

I have tried a few times and I cant get deck plans to come up on Carnival site the last few days either...annoyed too!!

I went to cruisedeckplans. this morning to see the deck plans.

Almost booked a cove balcony and was told by friends that since the coves are the lowest balconies the water was apashing up on to the peoples balconies bc they were really low. we were willing to pay the extra 140 dollars to actually be able to sit out and enjoy ours with out needing to wear a swim suit.

Almost booked a cove balcony and was told by friends that since the coves are the lowest balconies the water was apashing up on to the peoples balconies bc they were really low. we were willing to pay the extra 140 dollars to actually be able to sit out and enjoy ours with out needing to wear a swim suit.

The cove balconys will wear off probably..they are still something new. On Cunard they sell really cheap ..funny, on Carnival people are so excited for what another ship that calls them inhull balconies cant hardly sell them.

The problem with the lower regular balconies though is the poor design (to me) of the ship. The hot tubs stick out and somehow block the view looking down from regular balconies. RCL got it right and their hot tubs that stick out are way up on Lido deck level.

Archived