Grecian glory, Marina, May 6

Mono one

Hi there

My wife and I are booked on the Marina to tour the Greek Isles on May 6.

We're booking a private taxi transfer for when we reach Athens to take us from the port to the hotel Attalos in the centre of Athens, which will cost 40 euros.

We're also booking a transfer from the hotel to the airport the following morning (May 17) which will cost 55 euros.

The car takes four passengers, four suitcases. If anyone out there is interested in sharing either or both of these transfers, send us a private message...

Good idea is to join the roll call for your sailing. I doubt whether a single vehicle will fit four people plus 4 suitcases plus 4 carry ons (assuming everyone travels with some form of in-flight bag.)

New fixed price taxi rates from Athens city to the airport applied from 1st February. Price is 35 euros, no real need to book a transfer for 55 euros.

I personally would take the 20 Euros you are overpaying for your taxi from the port to Pireaus and the 20 Euros you are overpaying for your taxi to the airport and book a nicer hotel than the Attalos.:) (Note also that the standard Athens taxi, and there is a standard size, certainly cannot take four suitcases.)

Also, plenty of nice people on the Athens forum of tripadvisor can recommend better hotels for the same or less money than the Attalos, such as Airotel Parthenon.

Archived