Tell Me About Century, Please

Kellie Poodle

We are on the "Aloha Cruise" in April 2012. ( I know it's over a year away) This will be our first sailing with X, though we will have Captain's Club "Elite" status.

I have poured over information and over the deck plans for Century and there is absolutely no mention of steam rooms or saunas.

Are there any? Is the steam room free like on RCI ships (other than Oasis and Allure). Is the sauna free? If there are charges for these, can I use my Elite status to get around the charges?

Any other special things I should know about the ship? Any secret places? Any tips?

Thanks in advance,

Hello Kellie,

I have not been on the Century yet but I will be in March.

Having a good spa area is a deciding factor for me when I book. I talked to a X agent before booking on the Century and she assured me there is a Persian Garden on board which has heated lounger chairs as well as aromatherapy steamroom. She said there is a fee to use the area unless you have a spa treatment booked in which case you can use the area before and after the treatment. I am not sure about Celebrity but on Princess if you are top tier in the loyalty program or booked in a Suite cabin using the area is complementary. If you call a Captain's Club agent they can probably tell you if the fee is waived for your status.

I cruise in March and will let you know more details when I return! I will definately be spending several hours at the spa and in the Persian Garden!

Hi Kellie,:) there is definitely a SPA on board. It is called the Aqua Spa.

I am going to post the link from the Celebrity website. Not sure if this

helps or not but they do have facilities available. I have sailed Century

quite a few times over the years but am not really a "Spa Gal". Hopefully

someone who uses it more often can give you some first hand information.

As for the ship itself? She was my first on Celebrity back in 2003 and I

will be sailing her for the 6th time in May:)

Suggestions....try Murano's one evening. It is the Specialty Restaurant

and its a wonderful evening in there. And the Aqua Spa Cafe serves some

very good breakfast and lunches...a bit healthier than the norm and quite

delicious too:)

Here is the link:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/ship.do;jsessionid=0000UxdHaKYKGjtN2qvh6Yoxjyp:12h3rnd1c?shipCode=CN

As an Elite Captain's Club member you receive a complimentary pass to the Persian Garden good for 1 day and it has to be a port day.

I've been on the Century twice in the past 4 months for short cruises and I loved them both. The staff is very friendly. I like the smaller size. You wan't have the ammennities of the bigger ships which was okay for me since the cruises were only 4 or 5 days. The food was very good. The entertainment was wonderful, especially in the atrium by the Cova Cafe. The concierge class accommodations are nice although I found the space very, very small. But I got it on a happy hour special so the price was right.

I'm not sure how I would feel taking the ship on a longer cruise since it lacks a solarium and such but I think for comfort and service this is a fine ship.

Archived