Carnival Freedom 6 day review - with pics

nickiford

I sailed out of FLL on the Freedom in August..and Southwest to/from Buffalo..but luggage express wasn't available for that airline at the time. They must now include Southwest...which is great news for me! Well worth the $$ - I hate carting bags around.

Enjoyed your review. I was on the Freedom in December and my DD is going on her in May. We had a great cruise, too!

I'm wondering if you didn't bring the bugs with you from the Days Inn in FLL. My DH stayed in a Days Inn (that was formerly a Comfort Inn) two months ago and got bitten up bad his first night. He checked out the next morning. Had bites all over his face and shoulders. This was in NY on the PA border. He used to stay there on business for years once a month when it was a Comfort Inn and when it changed over it kind of went downhill.

We thought Danny was GREAT, too. He is going on the Magic and I'm sorry that he won't be on the Freedom when my DD is on her in May. Music Motion was GREAT, too!

Edited by idiebabe

Really enjoyed your review and pictures (sorry about the bedbug issue). I just booked the Freedom yesterday, for next January so I'm enjoying reading all the reviews and seeing pictures. We will also be on deck #7, the Empress deck. Looking forward to the comedy club, and the serenity area. :)

• 2 weeks later...
This will be a somewhat detailed review, my first! I love to read the trip reports so I really made an effort to make notes and do one when I got home. On this trip was myself (36) and my sister (34). We take a trip without our husbands once a year and usually go to an all-inclusive resort but this year we decided to try a cruise. All and all, we had a great trip despite a few wrinkles which you will read about shortly. We live in Southern Ontario, Day 1 of our Trip really started Friday at noon when we left work and drove to Buffalo. We took our time made our usual stops, Coach Outlet in Niagara Falls, Walden Galleria in Buffalo finally arriving at the Best Western Inn at the Airport. We have stayed here prior to trips before, it's very adequate, free breakfast, reasonably priced 5 minutes from the airport with a free shuttle and on site parking for the trip. The prices including taxes and parking was $125, we had a Best Western gift card for $100 so we only had to split $25! We were a little budget conscious on this trip because we weren't sure how much our S&S card would end up being, having only all inclusive experience we didn't know how much we would drink. We spent a little as well at the Walden Galleria, Pandora and JC Penney two great stores we don't have in Canada.

We got a parking spot in a snowbank to avoid having to shuttle to one of their satellite lots, thank goodness for 4x4. We had planned on doing one more edit of our suitcases (we are always worried about being overweight) and leaving the excess items in the truck, we wanted to have it handy.

We had a nicely timed flight around noon direct to Fort Lauderdale so we relaxed a bit in the morning, had breakfast and then took the 10 am shuttle to the airport. I'm going to stop now, try to post some pics, I've never done it before so I want to make sure that it works.

Thank-you for the review! just wondering about the pre-purchased "bon voyage" drink tickets - how does this work? is it cheaper and how does one do this? thanks!

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...