28 Day Sapphire South Pacific fashion questions and other girly stuff

SissyG

Connie, our roll call member, sent me another email saying that there is presently work being done below Skywalkers. The escalator is not operational, and Skywalkers is not open. She's believes that will be done well before we board. Hopefully we will still be able to have our first M&G up there.

Next she is going to try to find out if there is another project to follow that, and let me know.

Mary Lou

Here is the exact email I received earlier, which doesn't say much about what might be done onboard our sailing, but so far it seems pretty accurate. As I enquired if this construction would be a bother to those of us with aft cabins. It came from a Princess rep (higher up) that is currently onboard.

Please note that at the moment we are building the Sport court above the skywalkers, and we have closed deck 16th aft ( the 2 x Jacuzzi, Oasis's Bar & Shuffleboard) however should be finished by October 8th. At the moment forward by the Tennis court we have some material in order to building the Sanctuary, which will start approx October 8th when the Sport court is finished.

Below mentioned passengers which have their cabin aft end of the ship, would be not effected, when they come onboard October 22nd, because the building of the Sport court will be over.

It's pouring rain now where I live (north of LA) and I finally feel like it is fall. The weather reminds me of our first cruise to Hawaii (Nov. 2004 on the Island) where we departed in heavy rain. I haven't started packing yet and I just realized that my time between now and departure is severely limited. I work full time, we have a wedding in Las Vegas this weekend, I host a party for 20 fellow Bridge players on the Saturday after. This leaves me Sunday, Oct. 16th as the only whole day to pack. Luckily, we drive to the port, so I can be somewhat disorganized in my packing. I guess I'll just throw things in suitcases and hope for the best. I envy the organized ladies on this board.

I'm in the same boat...realizing there is NOT much time left, lol. It went from so far away to almost here. I am SOOOO happy I took Friday the 21st off work. I am getting a Brazilian blowout in the morning, but I have the rest of the day to do laundry, iron, pack, etc. If I can't get it done before then, at least I have Friday. Phew.

I packed this morning, but not for the cruise. I am heading up to Birmingham, AL tomorrow morning with 2 of my daughters for my grandson's wedding on Saturday.

Cruise packing, of at least non-wrinkling things, will commence on Monday.

Mary Lou

I packed this morning, but not for the cruise. I am heading up to Birmingham, AL tomorrow morning with 2 of my daughters for my grandson's wedding on Saturday.

Cruise packing, of at least non-wrinkling things, will commence on Monday.

Mary Lou

Enjoy every minute of your Grandson's wedding! What a thrill that must be for you.

I am babysitting my 2 year old Grandson 3 days a week right up until the day we leave. I am going to need the first 4 days at sea for some serious R&R :D

Packing in my head and in my dreams every night. I did pack all our shoes which will now be rearranged. Somehow nothing ever stays where I put it first!

Cheers, Denise

Denise, you are definitely going to need a cruise to relax after the 2 year old. Been there, done that, far too often here. Thankfully they are older now, but I forgot that the grandchildren have children and the circle starts all over again with the great grandchildren. :eek: Only this time, I am not as young as I used to be, and OH MY it takes a lot to keep up with those little ones. ;)

There is one major negative to being overly organized like I am...Here it is 2 weeks before we leave home for San Pedro and I have just about everything except the actual packing job done...this gives me way too much time to just be antsy. I only have little things like picking out jewelry and cleaning it and washing my makeup brushes and cleaning my Bare Escentuals makeup left to do and I can't stop thinking about this cruise, it's driving me nuts. Good thing I have the 3 days before we leave booked up with lots to do like hair and nail appointments and making sure all our business is taken care of while we are away. The major positive about leaving things til the end is that you are busy during the last few weeks before you leave home.

There is one major negative to being overly organized like I am...Here it is 2 weeks before we leave home for San Pedro and I have just about everything except the actual packing job done...this gives me way too much time to just be antsy. I only have little things like picking out jewelry and cleaning it and washing my makeup brushes and cleaning my Bare Escentuals makeup left to do and I can't stop thinking about this cruise, it's driving me nuts. Good thing I have the 3 days before we leave booked up with lots to do like hair and nail appointments and making sure all our business is taken care of while we are away. The major positive about leaving things til the end is that you are busy during the last few weeks before you leave home.

I am totally the opposite. After a long countdown, the closer I get to the cruise, the less excited I get. I really should have packed earlier when I had all of the enthusiasm. :o Probably the reason I did all of the ironing and sorting over a month ago, before the excitement left.

Years ago I would get so excited about 30 days before we were to leave, but it just seemed to wear off over the years, and now it doesn't happen anymore. So right now, I am just bored silly, as there isn't enough time to start any big projects, but too much time to just sit around. I am just not a good sitter whatsoever, I have to be doing something. ;)

I am totally the opposite. After a long countdown, the closer I get to the cruise, the less excited I get. I really should have packed earlier when I had all of the enthusiasm. :o Probably the reason I did all of the ironing and sorting over a month ago, before the excitement left.

Years ago I would get so excited about 30 days before we were to leave, but it just seemed to wear off over the years, and now it doesn't happen anymore. So right now, I am just bored silly, as there isn't enough time to start any big projects, but too much time to just sit around. I am just not a good sitter whatsoever, I have to be doing something. ;)

Sue, come and help me with the kids! Next week is conference week and Hope gets home at Noon!!! Mommy is a teacher, so I have some long days next week. I thought I had everything pretty much done but, of course, I don't.

Getting certified letters so my brother can handle the Medical POA for our Mom and finishing up my retirement papers for Chevron are taking up lots of extra hours!

This weekend and next weekend are completely filled with soccer games, an entire family outing today to Apple Hill in Placerville, a BBQ with the family next Sunday and on Saturday a Pig Roast!!!!!!!! at a friends house.

But somehow I have managed to buy 3 new bathing suits online that will be delivered on 10/18 :eek: :D I also took back 5 pair of capris and 4 pair of shorts bought in the midst of my buying craze for the cruise. Really, nobody needs 14 pair of shorts on a cruise. ROTFLOL!!!!

Have a great weekend,

Denise

Denise, you really had that many pairs extra...so funny...we really get carried away don't we...you see I said WE, because I too seem to have an excess..but I've decided that since we have another cruise coming up right after this one I will keep them...most all have been bought a super reduced prices too.

I want to start packing so bad but resisting so far...will get a few little things organized and ready to go..prescriptions, all the nail polishes I think I want to take...LOL, just finished emailing our tour operators to reconfirm our tours and will try to think of some other busy work today to keep from actually packing.

We are down to 11 more days until we leave home....

Sue, come and help me with the kids!

Denise

Ummmmmmm, I think I would rather be bored, but thanks for the offer. lol

I have grandkids popping in right and left here most weeks (usually because they are hungry). They are going to get a real surprise in about 7 days when grandma's cupboards are getting bare, trying to get all of the food depleted before we leave. :)

I haven't even made it to the cruise room yet to start packing. I thought I would get motivated yesterday, but instead decided to crochet, as I just can't get into the mood to pack. :o With everything laid out and ready for the suitcases, I think the only problem that might arise is getting it all in. I have decided to throw the overweight charges to the wind this time, and if the luggage is overweight, I will just pay the difference and not worry about it. (Denise, still jealous here of those that can just load up the car and drive).

Quite a few things lined up to do next week away from the house, so I am really hoping one day I wake up in the mood to pack and get it over and done with. At least I need to put all of the hanging garments into their suit bags, then a quick fold over and they will be ready to go in.

I can't get in the mood to do anything, lol. I bought a sweater I plan to take. I have to hem some pants, which I think I'll do tomorrow. Blah. :)

I put a pocket on my hubby's Halloween costime today (if that counts as doing anything)? :D He said he had to have a pocket, which I didn't think he needed on a costume, but he insisted. :rolleyes:

I got home from Alabama this morning ..... actually got back in Tampa late last evening, but didn't feel like driving home so stayed at my daughter's hose last night.

Once I unpack and do laundry, I can finally get started on packing for the Odyssey!!!

Woo Hoo!!!

Well, I feel a bit better now. I managed to accomplish a little bit yesterday...the one big thing on my mind was bills, lol. I'm in the dark ages about bill paying--still write checks because I don't trust online stuff, but I bit the bullet and set up a couple of one-time payments for stull that will come due while we're gone.

I gave the house a good (okay better than normal) cleaning so that next week all I have to do is touch up stuff.

I also set aside a few more things to take.

Tonight I can hem my pants and maybe try on a few things, and I think I'll do more laundry.

So he can carry all my stuff. :D:D

My thoughts exactly! LOL!

I bought a new set of luggage for this trip, but it isn't going to work, I found out yesterday. It's what I get for ordering online I guess, as it is about half the size of our old luggage.

So, after going through my first 'packing attempt' yesterday (I have never had to do this before, but it was a rainy day and figured I would give it a shot), I found out that everything won't come close to fitting in this new stuff. So, down to the basement I go this morning to drag up the old battered up luggage that has been around the world several times and looks simply terrible.

You will know us when you spot our battered luggage, as it looks like it belongs in the trash. lol

But I bet cha I have much better luck fitting the things I want to bring along in the old set. As long as it makes it to the ship and home again, I will give it one last use before it ends up in the dumpster. ;)

We just returned home from a quick weekend trip to Vegas for a wedding. Since the last time we were there was 10 years ago, I'd forgotten how many smokers there still are and they all seem to be in Las Vegas! My husband's suit and one of my dressy outfits are on their way to the cleaners today before being packed for the cruise. They reeked so much of smoke that I wouldn't put them back in my suitcase and instead stuffed them in the hotel laundry bag first.

We stayed at the Bellagio in a non smoking room and their public places were relatively clear of smoke smell. Unfortunately, the wedding and reception were at a different venue where all the cigar smokers seemed to be staying.

I can't wait for Princess' new non smoking policy to start.

I just moved some more clothes into the "packing room", and I am getting nervous!! Looks like there's a LOT of clothes already!! Now I am wondering how much worse it will get as the days go by and what will happen when I try to get everything into my suitcases.

Mary Lou

I know I have more clothes and stuff in my cruise staging area than could possibly fit in the allowed luggage, so I start with the absolutely must-haves then the must-haves, then the it would be nice to have with us and go from there. What fits and stays under weight allowance goes with and the rest stays home. Between Robert's 2 large checked and 1 carryon + backpack and my 2 large checked and 1 carryon + small duffel we always manage to take what we need and want to have with us....maybe a few things I thought I needed or wanted to take have to stay home but once on the ship I never miss them....We always say as we leave our driveway for the airport...if we don't have it with us we can buy it along the way.

I think I will have to make some decisions about "absolutes" and "musts" when it gets right down to the nitty gritty of filling the suitcases.

I am switching from a 29" moose of a bag, that goes overweight too easily, to 2-25" bags, plus a 21" carry-on and a tote bag that my netbook, a book, a snack, and my travel purse fit into. Additionally, I will pack a small folding duffle that I bought onboard on my June cruise, just in case I need more space in the way home. If I absolutely had to, I could take the duffle on the plane with me and check that 21" bag.

I WILL make this work!!!

Mary Lou

Archived