Rushed Feeling??

jwick

Hello:

My husband and I are considering a 12 day Eastern Caribbean cruise in 2005 (first ever)! The ship will visit 5 ports in 12 days. There are a couple of at sea days thrown into the mix, but I am wondering whether we will feel rushed the whole time. I know that we don't have to leave the ship, but we want to see these beautiful places. Only having a small chunk of time at each worries me.

We feel rushed almost every day - - vacation is one time when we don't want to deal with that. icon_smile.gif

Any comments?

Thanks!

jwick

jwick

My experience has been that you never feel rushed on a cruise. You can do as much or as little as you want. I have never felt rushed on an excursion yet. There are times when I have felt I would like to go back to somewhere though (great excuse icon_smile.gif).

If you don't want to do an excursion, then you can always stay on the ship for the day and unwind. On a twelve day cruise you will have more than two sea days as well.

Phil

Mercury Western Caribbean November 2002

Galaxy Eastern Caribbean November 2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;13;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600<BR

Until Galaxy Panama Canal Out Of Galveston

13th November 2004

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

I have never felt rushed.Not getting to see everything in one day gives you an excuse to rebook,again and again and again.I love sea days and seems like you get 7 that is pure paradice. If you like to spend more time at one island the Bermuda itinarary is perfect 4 days in Bermuda.Have a great cruise and enjoy. Ann

With 5 ports in 12 days you should not feel rushed at all sinc you have 7 days at sea. I have been on 7 day cruises that visited 6 ports and you do wish for a sea day by the middle of the cruise.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;3;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

On our first cruise to the Caribbean, we read so much on these boards about all the great things to do at each port and we tried to do them all. It seemed like we were always on the go, and midway through the cruise we were exhausted! We looked at each other and asked "Are we on vacation? We're running around all the time!" Some folks may like to be this active, but we took the vacation to relax. We realized we were trying to do too much and decided that this wouldn't be our last cruise (we were hooked already!), so we would see anything we missed this time around on a future cruise. After that, we slowed down and started to savor the experience more.

Our advice: you're not on vacation to be tied to a clock, so enjoy what you can and don't worry about doing everything. That's what the next cruise is for! Don't forget to book it while onboard! icon_smile.gif

Celebrity Galaxy 3/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;9;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800  till Sapphire Princess

I understand your yearning to escape from hectic daily life -- besides the normal rush-rush of life these days, I work in a business with multiple immovable daily deadlines, and I love cruising exactly BECAUSE of the non-rush ... One thing we've done so far is plan ONE activity per port -- rather than saying "OK, we're going to do/see A in the morning, then B in the early afternoon, then C in the late afternoon, and make it back to the ship with seconds to spare ..." As others have already noted, that's what FUTURE cruises are for ... seeing what you didn't see the first time icon_smile.gif

TR

Millennium 12/12/04

Mercury 4/04, Infinity 8/03, Century 3/03 & 9/02

We did a 12-day med last year and it was our first trip to Europe. We considered it a "sampler pack" of Europe. A little of this and that and a sample of what we should come back and see with more time. We look forward to doing the same all the way up the coast of Europe to the Baltic, then when those cruises are finished, I'll book my land vacations and go back for some intense touring.

We never felt rushed, but we were tired at the end of every day. There is only so much your brain can take in at a time, despite how much time and effort you put in to "seeing" things.

Archived