Kids in Signature Restaurants

Carlyzmom

Well- not certain what the Signature restaurants are- the steakhouses?- but I have seen children in all of the restaurants on board every ship I have been on. Not the Chef's Table however. But IF the children are well behaved and perhaps have some experience in adult restaurants- I see no problem at all. I have taken my children into 4 star restaurants in Paris when they were young with wonderful evenings to follow. So I wouldn't worry- although I might let them bring along something to draw on or listen to (with earphones) since some of the meals are very very long.

In fact one of our most pleasant memories was when we ended up- just me and my 3 young kids (7-13 at the time) - at one of the top restaurants in the Bahamas as guests of the CEO of the Atlantis. I read them the riot act before we arrived, and as we sat down the couple at the next table rolled their eyes and looked furious! We had a wonderful time the 4 of us- we talked all evening about family stories and what we did when they were "kids". When they all trooped off to the restroom, the couple came over to me and told me how much they were worried about kids at the next table, and how wonderfully behaved they were. Oh what a proud mother I was at that moment!

Has anyone ever seen kiddos in the Signature Restaurants? We are going next year for our 20th anniversary. Our kids will be 8 and 11. I want them to join us, but didn't know if it was frowned upon.

We did a family cruise last January on the Valor, and did Scarlett's with our 2 and 5 year old. We had an early dinner (5:00) to avoid the crowds. We didn't have a single problem.

That's what I mean. THe fancy restaurants you have to pay to eat in. Can't remember what they are called. My kids are VERY well behaved. I just don't want to spend such a special evening without them. We are a tight little family! :D

That's what I mean. THe fancy restaurants you have to pay to eat in. Can't remember what they are called. My kids are VERY well behaved. I just don't want to spend such a special evening without them. We are a tight little family! :D

Have a great time- all 4 of you! Last time we were there we had a family next to us with about 5 kids. It was the father who would better have not been there in truth!

My DH is wanting to take our 2 DD's (9 & 11) to Nick and Nora's Steakhouse on our up coming cruise in November. My DD's did well on formal night on our last cruise so I might give them the green light for the steakhouse. I think it just depends on how you know your kids are going to behave.

Has anyone ever seen kiddos in the Signature Restaurants? We are going next year for our 20th anniversary. Our kids will be 8 and 11. I want them to join us, but didn't know if it was frowned upon.

They will charge you the $30 cover charge for the kids. That's the only issue.

There are also a bunch of people who post on Cruise Critic who will tell you that they don't want to see your kids in the specialty restaurants and that kids don't belong in the specialty restaurants. Ignore those posts. Many people celebrate family events in the specialty restaurants.

They will charge you the $30 cover charge for the kids. That's the only issue.

There are also a bunch of people who post on Cruise Critic who will tell you that they don't want to see your kids in the specialty restaurants and that kids don't belong in the specialty restaurants. Ignore those posts. Many people celebrate family events in the specialty restaurants.

Thank you! That's what I wanted to hear. My kids are VERY well behaved and I am not at all worried about their behavior.

Let's just pretend that I'm spending $60 each for my husband and me! LOL My son doesn't eat $30 worth of food in a MONTH!! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the input! Oh, and I don't give a flip what people think. If my kids were heathens, that would be one thing. But, they are better behaved than some adults I have seen! Ha ha!

If they are well behaved I don't think anyone will have a problem with it. However, you will be charged the full $30 per child, and there's no children's menu in the steakhouses.

Also, dinner service is meant to be leisurely - it takes about 2.5 hours.

Only you know if this will suit your children. If not, the kids will be able to eat dinner with their camp groups so you can have an adult night out.

When we went to the steakhouse on the Pride there were children seated nearby who were very well behaved. The mother didn't stop talking to the people around her, but her kids behaved like angels. So long as the kids are behaving and will at least taste the food I don't think you'll have a problem.

children are allowed.

we have been bringing our child with us since she was 6.

no frowning allowed, and they graciously accepted the $30 we paid for her.

I'm not sure if it's frowned upon officially. But I know there's no way in heck my 7.5 year old would want to sit for 2.5 hours for a meal. Though the 11 year old may enjoy it. I think we may take our almost 13 year old next time.

i`ve yet to have to sit there for 2.5 hours. in fact our meal and courses took no more than the time we took to eat in the mdr.

i did think our first visit would be met with a couple of shorts strolls between meals. but it was never needed.

we did however get up for a daddy/daughter dance at her request.

Apparently I'm not the only one who's had it take that long (three times), see post #9. And from the Carnival website, http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLSteakhouseRequest.htm?icid=CC_Hyperlink_7, "Please allow 2 1/2 hours for dining experience."

having never dined with you or poster #9, i do not know your circumstances.

but this has not been our experience in 6 visits. we have not ordered anything that has required that long in preparation.

i will state that we reserve and eat at 6.

we had also read that 2.5 hour statement before our first visit. and were pleased it did not take that long.

Archived