Is price drop only from Carnivals prices

poisonivynicole

This may be a silly question but we did the es on our upcoming cruise. I always hear about people getting price drops and then OBC. I am hoping this is the case for us. So is it only the rates on Carnivals website or can it be through another travel company? I just want to know how it works. Thanks

I believe it is only for rates that you qualify for. Resident, Military, Past Guest etc. rates are sometimes offered, and if you meet the requirements you could claim a reduction.

Sales sometimes can be made through TAs in a way the circumvents the ES price reductions. So no, you cannot claim that.

This may be a silly question but we did the es on our upcoming cruise. I always hear about people getting price drops and then OBC. I am hoping this is the case for us. So is it only the rates on Carnivals website or can it be through another travel company? I just want to know how it works. Thanks

The lower price must be a Carnival-advertised fare. Check their website to compare prices.

The lower price must be a Carnival-advertised fare. Check their website to compare prices.

... though you can also check any other TA site, since they are also carnival prices, the ones advertised in public.

I find TA sites easier to use for price checking.

I have a question though... if it's only Carnival-advertised fares, why then on the Early Saver submission form does it have a space for "Website, if applicable"? That's always confused me... (I'm not being sarcastic, I'm just really confused!!)

Thank you for all your replies that really clears things up. However, now I will be checking the fareviewer everyday:). I do wish they had a spot on there where you could check military rates instead of having to call them. Oh well, I am gonna cross all my fingers for a price drop.

I have a question though... if it's only Carnival-advertised fares, why then on the Early Saver submission form does it have a space for "Website, if applicable"? That's always confused me... (I'm not being sarcastic, I'm just really confused!!)

You can check the fare with an online website..no problem. However, if their fare is lower than Carnival's you can't get a reduction. Sometimes online travel agencies give up some of their commission in order to give you a lower price than what you can find on Carnival. Carnival won't match those promotions.

The price has to be a Carnival rate available to the public. NOT all of the rates that Carnival has available are advertised on their website at an one time. So, if you find a price advertised elsewhere, it is either a Carnival rate, or against the rules. Submit it- they have lots of rates you don't see on their website. Military rates are one example. I found several and got $160 in OBC. Chatting with my PVP he checked the rates I had found and yes- they were there. Not advertised on Carnival.com or the fare viewer, but in his list.

You can check the fare with an online website..no problem. However' date=' if their fare is lower than Carnival's you can't get a reduction. Sometimes online travel agencies give up some of their commission in order to give you a lower price than what you can find on Carnival. Carnival won't match those promotions.[/quote']

While you were away CCL changed that policy. TA's aren't allowed to have a lower price by cutting commissions.

Bill

I think they do this to see if you found the price on the Carnival web site or not.

For example, let's say that some rogue travel site decided to break Carnival's rules and offer some low-ball price. You happen to notice it, and try to get Carnival to pay up on the Early Saver deal based on that low-ball price. The space on their form about "website, if applicable" is to try to find out from you where you saw this low price.

Once they have this information (about a specific rogue web site offering a low-ball price) it not only gives them a reason to deny your Early Saver claim ("sorry, it only applies to prices at Carnival.com") but it also gives them an opportunity to go after that rogue web site for violating Carnival's pricing rules.

Archived