Carnival called!

jjamiestar

Dear Carnival,

Of course we would LOVE to be upgraded from our Lido Balcony to the Grand Penthouse! What is that you say? Over 300 sq ft and and 85 sq ft of balcony? A whirlpool tub and dressing rooms? We will take it!! Oh wait, how much do you want for it! $1100 for the two of us!? Thank you, but we will gladly enjoy our little Lido balcony just as much. (tear)

Dear Carnival,

Of course we would LOVE to be upgraded from our Lido Balcony to the Grand Penthouse! What is that you say? Over 300 sq ft and and 85 sq ft of balcony? A whirlpool tub and dressing rooms? We will take it!! Oh wait, how much do you want for it! $1100 for the two of us!? Thank you, but we will gladly enjoy our little Lido balcony just as much. (tear)

Wow, that's almost another cruise. I guess they filled up that sailing!

Wouldn't it be nice if they called you and upgraded you for free ;) have they done that in long past times? Doesn't usually sound like any great bargain when your paying so much more $$ to be "upgraded" seems just like the "going rate" (what you paid plus x amount of $)

This isn't an upgrade. For we can book the same cabin for the price they are offering. This isn't even an upsell...

This is trying to take advantage of those who don't check the site. For who are ignorant to the system...

It is a poor way to treat loyal customers !!!!

Nough said !

Charleyann

We got the call back in January to upgrade our aft ext. balcony to an aft wrap...for $1,450 more!!!!!!

Um...I'd like to have that aft wrap (we had it last year and LOVED it) but not for that price. I would have been willing to pay maybe $200 or $300 more. Who knows-I maybe would have gone up to $400 or so if push came to shove. Of course I counter offered and they said no.:(

The thing that really stung was that we wanted to book that cabin in the first place last April, but they were all booked at that time so we couldn't. I wish they had never even called.

Ya we got a call too offering to upgrade us to a deck 5 aft semi-wrap on the Legend for $700 more. It was just too much more to spend. I tried haggling but it didn't work. I'm actually really happy with our room and location - we got lucky considering we booked kind of last minute.

Wow...That would totally annoy me to get a 'sales call' from CCL for an up sell unless it really was only a couple hundred dollars. Otherwise, unless I won the lottery before I sailed, I would have booked what I considered a reasonable price for the cabin I would like and can afford. I mean really...if i could afford an additional $2500 for a cabin, I would have booked it in the first place. lol

I wonder what criteria they use to place these calls. Hummmmm ok so they check out the fact that someone booked an ocean view cabin and then put $5000 on their S&S card and said ok...they would be good candidates for an up sell??? just saying...

The sales person said he knew it was my Birthday so he was calling me first. I'm not sure how they decide who to call. I was excited just to get the call but just couldn't spend the money plus I wasn't crazy about the location and layout of the room. We did a lot of research online with the guy on the phone before we decided. Oh well...

Archived