Embarkation at Tampa Port?

croozluv

Porter takes your bag. You tip him a few bucks. Get in line with FunPass and ID in hand. You'll stand in line anywhere from a few minutes to a half hour waiting to be processed depending on when you get there. You'll be handed your S&S cards, go through security, get your pictures taken (smile!) and then step on board the ship.

Easy!

My advice is go early (around 11 a.m.) to avoid the lines and get the party started.

Love Tampa's port. As others said, it's really easy since it's not a very busy port. Definitely get there early if you can b/w 10:30-11:00. Shorter lines - though I wasn't sailing that day, I was around the port on an afternoon the Legend was there and the line to get into the terminal was around the corner. Plus, if you get there earlier, you can get on board and enjoy lunch and explore the ship before everyone is there.

Parking garage is across the street. You get a chip that you have to present in order to get out of the garage. I read on another thread that you need to be careful NOT to loose that chip.

You may want to drop your passengers and luggage prior to parking. Or, you can all walk across and then give porters your bags. A tip is customary. Have your boarding pass, passport and/or ID ready at that point. It will be checked at the gate, at security and again at check in where you actually get your sail and sign card. Have your credit card available too or whatever you're using for your S & S. The agent will swipe your passport and credit cards prior to getting your S & S. You then proceed to a waiting area if you receive a zone card or you go right to photo taking and off to the gangway. :D

Have a great cruise. I'll be leaving out of TAmpa for the 4th time in a few days. Woo hoo. :D:D:D

Drop your bags off with the porters at the terminal ($).

Drive over to the well marked "cruise parking" garage .

Directly accross the street from the terminal

Parking is $14 per day , payable via CC or cash in advance.

All cruise ports arn't this easy . Enjoy it.

Since you are coming from Sarasota, you'll probably want to take 75 to 275 North across the Sunshine Skyway through St. Pete and into downtown Tampa. The crosstown is tore up and down to one lane near the port for connector construction. I can vouch from experience that the drive through st. pete is far better than coming up 75 to I-4 and back down again.

As you approach downtown's Malfunction Junction (I-275/I-4) you'll want to stay right and get onto I-4. The first exit on your right is 21st/22nd street. Make a right and head south until you hit Adamo, then make another right. Veer left at Channelside Drive and you'll be headed south towards the port.

Go past the Cumberland Drive roundabout and turn left into Terminal 2. Here you'll drop off your luggage and tip the guy...you'll be looking right at the ship. Then you'll loop around to the left and will emerge on Channelside Drive heading north. Go into the roundabout and make a left on Cumberland where you can enter the parking garage.

Here's an overhead view, should simplify things a bit. If you're not familiar with the Channelside district it can be confusing to some extent. Fortunately I'm in this area all the time for Lightning hockey games.

ue6of.th.jpg

Archived