Oasis Inside Cabin - window or no?

Wonders10

Hi everyone,

We are considering booking a cruise on the Oasis this summer. Since the prices are a little higher than what we typically pay (for a balcony on other cruise lines, no less :rolleyes:), we are planning on getting an inside cabin. I know they do not have windows. But for not much more, we can get a window overlooking central park. And for a little more than that, we could get an oceanview window, then a boardwalk window. My question is this - Is the window overlooking the inside areas worth it for the extra cost. I mean can you actually see anything worthwhile, like you could if you were looking out a balcony? Obviously, the space is smaller, but I'm hoping you know what I'm getting at.

Thanks for any help! :D

Of course, you are not going to see the ocean.

If you want a view, book an outside balcony, or possibly a boardwalk cabin.

On the Allure we had a balcony on deck 8 as we wanted to see the ocean. There was nothing much going on in Central Park. While it was a nice and surprisingly quiet area on the ship, I don't think there will be much to see or many activities going on in that area.

At least on the boardwalk, especially near the stern of the ship, you can see some part of the ocean, but also have a view to the Aqua Theater. On our cruise, Taylor Swift did her concert from the Aqua Theater, and those with boardwalk cabins got to see the concert from their balcony.

So my choices would be outside balcony, boardwalk balcony, or inside, skipping the central park cabins.

I loved having a PR cabin, but the cost is so high on Oasis because there are so few of them. If you can get one for not that much extra, to me it would make it a lot more fun. I like them because of being on a high deck as much as a regular OV.

I do have Oasis booked twice, once in a ocean view balcony and once inside.

Of course, you are not going to see the ocean.

If you want a view, book an outside balcony, or possibly a boardwalk cabin.

On the Allure we had a balcony on deck 8 as we wanted to see the ocean. There was nothing much going on in Central Park. While it was a nice and surprisingly quiet area on the ship, I don't think there will be much to see or many activities going on in that area.

At least on the boardwalk, especially near the stern of the ship, you can see some part of the ocean, but also have a view to the Aqua Theater. On our cruise, Taylor Swift did her concert from the Aqua Theater, and those with boardwalk cabins got to see the concert from their balcony.

So my choices would be outside balcony, boardwalk balcony, or inside, skipping the central park cabins.

I know it sounds stupid, but I'm from south Florida, and live 10 minutes from the ocean. As much as I love it (hence my enjoyment of cruises), I don't need to see it all the time so I'm not concerned about not seeing the ocean when I am in my room. Not sure if you understood my question, but a balcony of any sort is out since the prices are so darn high. I'm considering regular inside or an oceanview/inside with a window view.

I loved having a PR cabin, but the cost is so high on Oasis because there are so few of them. If you can get one for not that much extra, to me it would make it a lot more fun. I like them because of being on a high deck as much as a regular OV.

I do have Oasis booked twice, once in a ocean view balcony and once inside.

What's a PR cabin? I'm guessing OV is oceanview.

We had a outside balcony on Deck 10 & loved it ,our friends had a Boardwalk cabin almost across from us we found it very warm on the inside of ship & felt lack of privacy as have cabin right across from you.

I have no doubt I'd love a balcony :D but its not in the cards if we are sailing on this ship. But would it be safe to say, that an oceanview would be a better fit than an inside based on your opinion?

Thanks everyone for the replies...I'm getting my taxes done today so maybe I will score a big refund!

Hi everyone,

We are considering booking a cruise on the Oasis this summer. Since the prices are a little higher than what we typically pay (for a balcony on other cruise lines, no less :rolleyes:), we are planning on getting an inside cabin. I know they do not have windows. But for not much more, we can get a window overlooking central park. And for a little more than that, we could get an oceanview window, then a boardwalk window. My question is this - Is the window overlooking the inside areas worth it for the extra cost. I mean can you actually see anything worthwhile, like you could if you were looking out a balcony? Obviously, the space is smaller, but I'm hoping you know what I'm getting at.

Thanks for any help! :D

I personally would prefer to have some sort of window, regardless of location. I like to have some natural light coming into the room. Inside cabins make me feel like I'm closed in, and I don't like not knowing if it's light or dark outside. If I had to make a choice between an ocean view window or an inside view window, I would pick the ocean view, not because of the view, but because of the privacy. You don't have to close the curtains everytime you want to change your clothes. So, if you can afford it, and privacy is a concern, you should go with an ocean view. If you're not worried about the privacy aspect of it, then book the cheaper inside window.

What's a PR cabin? I'm guessing OV is oceanview.

PR is a promenade view cabin. I love the PR cabins on Voyager and Freedom class but on Oasis it was cheaper to get a Central Park view (CV). Strangely enough, when I booked it was the same cost (within a small amount) to get the CV as it was for an inside. Of course I went with the Central Park view as I enjoy having a window and sunlight. :D

Archived