Vancouver Chinatown

Most of the better Chinese restaurants are no longer located in Chinatown but throughout the City or in Richmond where the Airport is located - it has a 60% Asian population.

Perhaps if you let us know which hotel you are staying at some of the locals can offer some suggestions.

I see that you are debarking on July 1 - which is Canada Day - our independence day - there is likely to be fireworks in the inner harbour and lots of celebration around Canada Place if the last couple of years are any indication.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

We are planning to stay at the Pan Pacific Vancouver. Sounds like there will be lots to do near there due to your holiday. I was thinking that after all the seafood we will be having on our cruise, Chinese food sounded really good. We would prefer a restaurant with very good food, not necessarily just in Chinatown. We also love Thai food if anyone also has a good recommendation.

For sure you want to take in the Canada Day celebrations which will likely involve the lighting of the Olympic cauldron which is located just west of the Pan Pacific.

Everyone in Vancouver has a fave Chinese restaurant and likely one of the better ones in Chinatown is Floata Seafood restaurant. link

We are planning to stay at the Pan Pacific Vancouver. Sounds like there will be lots to do near there due to your holiday. I was thinking that after all the seafood we will be having on our cruise, Chinese food sounded really good. We would prefer a restaurant with very good food, not necessarily just in Chinatown. We also love Thai food if anyone also has a good recommendation.

Maenam was a pretty good Thai place. I was there with a large group when they had a sort of limited fixed menu (during a city-wide food festival) so we ordered one of everything on the menu and shared around the table. I am impressed that every single dish we tried had a distinct flavour. There was something to satisfy everyone. You'll have to take a taxi though... it's in Kitsilano.

http://www.maenam.ca/intro.html

Archived