When are Formal nights on Liberty (Western Caribbean)?

Pomcoach

Does anyone know which nights are the 2 Formal nights on Carnival Liberty for the Western Caribbean sailing? We are sailing March 12 out of Miami. I'm trying to pack and thought it would help to know which nights will be the Formal nights in the dining room.

Oh, and does anyone know which night is the Captain's Party? That's always attached to a Formal night also, right?

We're early dining. So would we go eat first and then attend the Captain's party?

Sorry about so many questions. Too excited, I guess.

Practically jumping up and down actually. Thanks for any help.

Pomcoach from Iowa

Originally Posted by dstone viewpost.gif

Is there one formal night or are there two....Dec 18? Not that it really matters, just curious.

Thought I read one, but then I saw a post stating two.

We just got back on November 13th. There were 2 formal nights. The first full sea-day (for us was Sunday) and the Thursday. We were in port that day, but they do not have formal nights the last night of the cruise. We did the Western itinerary.

I am not on your cruise, but we are on a similar cruise a couple weeks later on the Dream. We leave on Saturday and have sea days on Sunday and Friday. Our elegent nights are sunday (the first sea day) and Thursday (which is a day in port). They usually have them on days at sea, but will usually not have an elegent night on the final night of a cruise.

By the way, check the definition of elegent - it is considerably less "formal" than the traditional formal night. You will see a few men in tuxes and a few more women in long gowns. But the majority will be dressed in shorter dresses (jackets and ties for men) and you will see quite a number being significantly more casual.

Thank you so much everyone. Sounds like our formal nights are Sun. (the first sea day) and Thurs. (when we visit Jamaica). Don't know yet when the Captain's party is. It really helps me for packing, just to know the order and days for things.

Thanks for helping!!!

Pomcoach

Archived