Still no passport ???

happycruizer

My Wife & I both applied for our original Passports, at the same time & at the same location. Because hers went to one processing location and mine to another, she got hers 8 weeks prior to me getting mine. I had gotten so concerned that I had to contact a Senator to look into it. When his office did, I received my Passport, EXPRESS MAIL in 36 hours!! Total time to receive our original Passports was 6 months (this time will vary). Renewals and copies (re-issues) take much less time. How long have you been waiting??

The passport is for GD that I am taking with me on the cruise. Cruise was booked mid-January. However, both parents had to be present when the appllication was made so not sure how much time passed before parents had the time to rearrange schedules and actually applied. Mom says she has a certified BC. I had been told that there might be a possibility that GD would not be able to go ashore in Nassau due to lack of PP:(. She will be with other family members who all have PPs so surely there will be no problem in a 5 yr. old not having hers. I have already booked/paid for an excursion and can cancel up to 48 hrs. in advance, but was not sure about the "may not be allowed to get off ship" comment.

If your GD gets on board ship, no problem in getting off and back on in Nassau.

They do not check for passports.

However, getting back on in Nassau, make sure you have your proper photo i.d. and carnival S&S card as well as GD's birth certificate and S&S card.

Have fun!

Archived